MAOI effect on psilocybin

You can convert the DMT freebase into a salt then take that with a maoi as an edible. Then your trip lasts 5-8 hours… :rofl: :rofl: :exploding_head: :hot_face: :cold_face: :partying_face: :dizzy:

5 Likes

Yeah, except he was asking about vaping DMT. Nonetheless, oral DMT with an MAOI is nothing like combusted freebase crystals. The last thing I’d ever want is a freebase DMT trip to last 5-8 hours.

6 Likes

It’s pretty sweet.

I want to see all the machine elves and reptilians.

They do,ß-Carboline: harmine, harmane, and harmaline.

3 Likes

The fact that harmine/harmaline alkaloids are reversible doesn’t negate the fact that they are selective and potent MAO-A inhibitors. Additionally, tetrahydroharmine inhibits serotonin reuptake. So the act of adding exogenous MAO-inhibitors to the harmine/harmaline alkaloids which are already present in the Psilocybe species (especially when combined with the potential for pharmaceutical drug-on-drug interactions) increases the risk of serotonin toxicity via notably increased intrasynaptic serotonin concentrations.

2 Likes

This is an interesting study, but they levels detected were very very low and it’s certainly questionable whether the natural occuring MAOIs in mushrooms contribute to any of the effects in humans.

1 Like

Terrance Mckenna disagrees. You take a full dose of maoi(caapi) then about 1/3rd dose of mush. Or so he recomends. I have caapi concentrate if anyone needs. with COAs

1 Like

He’s not suggesting that maoi will not have an effect on metabolism of psilocybin, he’s stating that the amount of beta carbolines present are not enough to naturally attenuate a psychadelic experience.

24 ųg beta carbolines per gram of fungal biomass… so they are there but in very miniscule, almost irrelevant amounts.

Take caapi or harmala with any of the dmt family and expect a stronger trip.

Would this effect be true of all tryptamines? What about phenethylamines? Mescaline and harmala?

4 Likes

On that note, I’m curious as to why the authors only quantified β-carbolines from mycelia and carpophores and not the pileus.

1 Like

The isolate at least from Cubensis is also missing the Baeocystin and Norbaeocystin, These are supposed to be very strong nervouse system depressants that ad a drunken effect to the cybin. in Cyans and Azures these are in lower quantity which is why they feel cleaner usually. At least SWIM seems to prefer them.

6 Likes

Looks like azures actually have one of the highest baecystin concentrations. I’m sure growth conditions play a signifcant role.

1 Like

Snack away.

Just don’t sell it.

Some dickhead isn’t going to read the dosage instructions and eat a whole bunch everyday to fix himself, then all of a sudden he’s got massive harmaline dosage on the daily while mainlining fava beans and all of a sudden we’ve got the DEA breathing down everyone’s necks because we didn’t idiot proof things.

2 Likes

It should affect all amines.

2 Likes

My biggest concern with people selling recreational products that contain MAOIs is someone mixing them with MDMA.

1 Like

OH BRO IT GETS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER

not a meme

3 Likes

Sounds bad…

No cocaine? Lame

3 Likes

Those high feelings don’t last the same length on all those. Also K has a super low oral BA.

This is why drugs are illegal.

4 Likes

Changa is a smoking blend of maois and dmt definitely has enhanced effects.

As far as psylocibin I had a good friend who was on either maois or ssris I forget and he either had to take double the dose of shrooms or not take them for a couple days before.

:man_shrugging: All anecdotal just me experience.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely