Making thc lemonade/juice

Kick ass infusion bro! I’m going to give it a go soon and make some drank. :+1:
I have some fire ass chemdog trim that would taste good in some honey.

3 Likes

If you drink coffee in the morning this will give a while new meaning to wake’n’bake. It’s really helpful for those that can’t smoke & only need a small amount to help with pain or nausea as well.

On occasion I’ll make “fire water”

Infused honey diluted into whiskey & poured over rocks.

That’s one thing I also consider is the material profile & type of honey it would compliment!

3 Likes

could be some interesting pairings?
@unimed what do you think about bringing the flavor of the weed into the spotlight?

2 Likes

my source material is distillite my goal is to make 500/1000+ lemonades a week

2 Likes

Orange blossom honey is one of my favorites to use as it has that citrus like flavor to it already & with certain strains within that profile dominance it really goes well. Or mesquite blossom with more myrcene dominant strains.

I’ve seen
Orange blossom
Mesquite
Lavender
Wild flower
Cactus bloom
A few others I can’t think of but could even do a very directed infusion to help more so along the lines of allergies from the local area as well.

The flavor also mellows with the weed as well I’ve noticed, definitely not like infusing butter.

I’m sure one could crc that out though too if really wanting a neutral profile after.

In that case check out q naturale: https://shop.ingredion.us/Emerging/q-naturale-200v?cclcl=en_US
Call Ingredion up and ask about Q-naturale and the bitter blocker they carry. In addition to all of this you will need a high shear device and a large tank/kettle for production. You might want to look into sanitizers like star san for cleaning bottles and equipment.
Do you have experience making drink formulations or stable emulsions?. Sorry if I am being redundant. I am trying to feed you the right info.

5 Likes

This is alot like my butter except I go 2.5-3 days

1 Like

The decarb process happens within the first few hours while in suspension as the temps will get right around 135-145 there then letting it simmer finishes the extraction into the good fats that are viable to absorb cannabinoids.

2 Likes

Ok I got some off Amazon and the family tried a bunch of stuff, it’s kinda amazing lol.
I tried a lime and it tasted exactly like the limes in colombia, we were buying them in 10lb bags we liked them so much.

1 Like

Were they the limes with the orange flesh?

1 Like

Don’t use distillate for your infusion. Use a good quality, winterized extract. Mix with your lemonade concentrate and add water to the mix while hot and stir in

3 Likes

how does this create a stable w/o emulation?

1 Like

Nope they liked like normal limes.

nice, sounds like you have a signature taste for your drink!

1 Like

I’ve made homemade bubbly drinks with micro emulsions. I also have some medicated honey my friend made for me, the honey is problematic because he used a lot of oil to infuse it, so it separates out upon dilution. Been playing around with adding terpenes. My favorite to blend is fatdogcbd super sour sauce hemp terps. I’m going to try to sonicate it back together once I figure out my friends recipe.

I can offer a recipe for an infused lemonade

500$ and it’s yours. Send dm

You will need a high sheer homogenizer and you can use distillate

6 Likes

Emulsion?

You still mix/homogenize it. Just don’t use distillate, depending on your lemonade concentrate.

Using a syrup like such:

Homogenize your extract into the syrup, then introduce water. The artificial sugars in the syrup make it hard to bind with the distillate, as the sugars are artificial. The winterized extract still has the natural plant sugars in there, helping it homogenize with the artificial sugars that the distillate wasn’t able to.

2 Likes

Have you had luck with that? We always used a carrier oil and a surfactant, then shear into the bev base. Shelf stable beverages are actually tricky mistress.

3 Likes

Yes I have. It may take less water to keep it from seperating, but it works.

I’m also talking about 100mg a drink.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B19V7wohrx7/?igshid=170a72pgrcf24

That’s how these were/are made. Whenever I had some skittlez material I would set aside some to winterize, process and send to the kitchen.

4 Likes

yeah, low ratios of noids’ seem to be easier.

3 Likes