Making magsil

Has anyone ever made magnesium silicate from talc and then filtered and activated it to basically make magsil? It seems overly expensive so I’m going to attempt it

2 Likes

How will you activate it?

I read somewhere on here you just activate it by heating it to a certain temp. Can’t remember the exact temp but i think it was 240 celcius or somewhere around there

I would just get talc and pure magnesium silicate then figure out what dissolves magsil and use that solvent on talc then wash it with various other solvents to rid it of any contaminants then filter through various micron filters to collect the range of pore sizes i want and activate it by heating it. Or if it isn’t feasible to dissolve it, i would use various solvents to wash everything from it

2 Likes

U would still have to wash and mill it after heating it

3 Likes

Yea would definitely take multiple washes and I’m sure it’s not easy but it would be a great skill to learn. I know someone who excavates bentonite clay with heavy equipment so the general knowledge of extracting minerals should transfer to that too. I’m sure it would require acid/base washes too

Have you done it?

I believe you have to fire it at 650C+.

3 Likes

Calcination is a really cool process. Back when I was doing everything as difficult as I possibly could I would burn down the body/ biomass from my extractions, mostly shredded knotweed roots- but I would blend all of the plants in the final product together and do full sheet trays at a time-
Calcination is the repeated purification of the body of the plant via application of fire and water:

You wash the Burnt ash with water and filter it, then discard the deaths head (the black burnt stuff that won’t dissolve in distilled water) and burn down the stuff that is left after its evapped- keep doing that repeatedly til you have pure white crystals. It’s the plants alkali salts, and it’s really good to add to the final extract as it boosts the potency considerably.

5 Likes

Here ya go

https://patents.google.com/patent/US2498353A/en

I haven’t read it yet, will report back when I do

EDIT: SICK This is WAYyyyyyyy easier!!!

I was just ordering some magsil and I’m gonna try this instead because as usual I am way mote interested in doing things the hard way.

Ingredients to make sodium silicate: sodium hydroxide and 100% silica gel cat litter, distilled water: nurdesge video here

Make some of that, then you have the cheaply made starting material for the easy as pie process detailed in the patent.

Add salt and and acid and bring it up to a boil, add Epsom salts and precipitate out your magsil.

Try it and tell me your yields! I’m gonna go buy everything to do this tomorrow and throw a video up on insta of the process

9 Likes

Why dont you just activate magnesol with heat
Magnesol is very cheap

Magnesolwould be cheap but is it made active just by Heating?

1 Like

I believe so, its the same base material. We discussed it in the early crc thread

2 Likes

I remember the fryer filter stuff, if it’s that simple then yes worth the difference for ease of simplicity- but I wonder if the synthesized stuff comes out as more potent than simply baking the fryer powder?

I still wanna do this Salt precipitation process for the heck of it.

2 Likes

That’s wild Are the alkali salts dabbed or dissolved in a oil tincture like mct? I have some 62% cbg crude, broad spectrum cbd distillate, and decarbed rosin 8% terpenes i want to combine in a tincture with whatever water solubles are extracted by the water in a fresh frozen bubble hash wash but now i want to add those alkili salts too. Trying to go for the closest thing to a whole plant extract as i can get. We’ve had amazing results treating cancer with decarbed rosin, way better than this RSO and ive got amazing feedback on this

That patent is awesome, exactly what i was looking for. I’m gonna try it out soon as i can. Let me know if you do it successfully before me. I had 2L of RSO come back with these pesticides and used futures pesticide remediation sop with magsil pr and cleaned every single one out to 0ppb and make it higher potency. This shits amazing but people charge out the ass for it

2 Likes

What about making c18 for T free cbd dist? You know a patent for that?

i Have a media that is way way better but no method of producing it

1 Like

I believe Magnesol is a silica with magnesium in it which is the closest thing to MagSil. However if the particle size is not the right size then it won’t grab any pesticides and magnesol is not the right size

2 Likes

I don’t think that is right. I think they are all magnesium silicate with different properties. Talc powder, magnesol, florasil a and b, magsil pr. They are sorted and heated activated to different properties.

I think magsil pr is heated activated at 675c

4 Likes