Making Infused Prerolls - Are they real or just marketing?

I’ve used toothpicks for smaller joints when I’m trying to pack a lot of hash in it.

If they’re packed too tightly at the crutch they won’t hit until they burn down a bit and the material expands. Try gently massaging one where it meets the crutch and see if it hits any better. You don’t want it loose but too tight can cause problems with pre rolls IME.

3 Likes

@qma can the cart farm accomplish this? How accurate is the repetitious output on that thing? Whats the highest gauge needle cart farm can squeeze through?

@pdxcanna can we make a 3D jig, that holds 20 or so cones.

I think you know where im going with this.

I just pissed the sales guy off, that reps this machine. In fact they do want $125k for that machine. LOL

:joy:

EDIT here is the guys responce when I said " I could accomplish this for $700.00 or less.

Let me know when you’re at a stage in your business to infuse the joints properly,

LOL

5 Likes

Like an indexing wheel for joints? Sounds pretty doable, I’m working on some pre-roll stuff already too

1 Like

No, like a square block or rectangle with cones cut out. Something to give the paper support and not crush it as you insert the needle.

1 Like

That’s easy, I just need to know what cones so I can work out the measurements. I have some raw ones handy

4 Likes

The autofarmer can do amounts smaller than the cart farmer due to a stepper motors advantage in precision over a human. It can also do REALLY slow down pumps to slowly infuse. You would want a cannula needle… i think? Maybe a catheter needle. Whichever one injects out the sides with a cone tip

4 Likes

I’m already in design and talking with @cart.farm and a referral he sent me to. I did the same thing to the rep when I heard the price. I told him something pretty much the same thing, too.

He hit me with “our engineer came from JPL and that’s the kind of technical skill you’ll need to do this” If I could have reached through the phone, I’d have made the news.

I’m a mechanical engineer and my brother-in-law is the VP of Future Flight for Sikorsky. When we talked about it, he laughed his ass off. If that took a JPL level engineer, he was a former JPL engineer for a good reason.

These are the same people charging $600 for this sifter

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Electric-Vibrating-Machine-Particles/dp/B07M9N62VD/ref=sr_1_22?dchild=1&keywords=powder+sifter&qid=1631128138&sr=8-22

3 Likes

So I did a little “playing around” and found the smallest guage needle that disty will flow through at a reasonable temperature is 16g. I hypothesized a 21g would be the winner. I could not get a 18g to flow at 200f, but a 16g will flow at a fairly low temp.

Could of used a 1.5 inch needle, only had a 1 inch.

4 Likes

I did something similar. The retreat is the key. Withdrawing at a rate that deposits into the void created by the needle. That’s the critical part. Having extremely fine control both in volume and rate of withdraw. Dialing that in is where the money’s at.

As you probably saw, any pressure buildup oozes out to the paper. The idea is to not let that happen. I’ll be interest to see how they draw. It formed a plug in mine and I couldn’t draw past it. I had to poke it with a big sewing needle :laughing:

Just need to flip the autofarmer to move the syringe instead of the plunger

I’m up for trying it out

2 Likes

How many concentrates do you spot?

Man i rolled only one or 3 blunts maybe ever in my smoking career

Should see my really ghetto homemade 50 shot that failed

I think I use 16 gauge currently. Works well but may upgrade to 21 i think it is lemme check when I’m home

When i fill carts i keep my hotplate at 130-135 and at the start 150 as I didnt have the jar on it for too long its a cheap hotplate so temp was hard to nail perfect until 2 days ago when I figured it out. And it took me relatively fast to fill them but i had used less terps on this small batch of 80 empty i had leftover so it was harder to pull. And my syringes were aids

Also good to see you back @MillerliteRN

1 Like

I see a much simpler way of doing this. No need to withdraw needle while injecting.

Needle hub deep… inject … then withdraw… just going to need a paticular type of needle

2 Likes

This is not the correct size needle, but it sure is a proof of concept.

The ideal needle would be a 16G 2 inches with a solid pointed tip and several holes “eyes” running down the shaft.

I dont know where to get this type of a needle, definitely not used in the medical field. Lol
You could however, get a 16G 1.5 inch… plug the end and drill several holes in it… to further the proof of concept before having them made.

6 Likes

I have seen hash made wraps/prerolls

You think that could be the future? Prerolls made of hash stuffed with high quality flower?

Another way I thought is hand rolling joints, and just rolling a stable extract into an a “worm” idk the proper word for it, then just put it on the top of the flower and roll. Time consuming but with multiple skilled rollers, good material, good wraps, and high motivation for quality > quantity, is possible

3 Likes

Yes I wanna learn how to make the hash blunts

2 Likes

if you have $100k yes

cha brah

I could probably figure it out by just trying it with some bubble hash

2 Likes