Making carts

…and I’ll promise to take my meds on a more regular basis :wink:

1 Like

isn’t PG in every asthma inhalers ?

with an asthma inhaler you are not burning the PG. Burning it is the issue

5 Likes

you’re not burning it…you’re vaporizing it hence a vape cart
PG and PEG, in order to release formaldehyde, needs to be heated to a temperature way past what the devices can handle ( i think its 500 celcius but im not fully sure)

Hi I just bought a liter of distillate and I’m wondering the exact process to make them.
I don’t have a hotplate stirrer. But I have Distillate,empty carts,terpenes,and syringes. Whoever gives me a step by step process on how to correctly make them I’ll cashapp you 20 dollars.

Don’t need the twenty bucks, but I’ll tell you right now I dunno how you’re gonna mix things without at minimum a magnetic stirrer.

Get a stir plate, heat disty until 140-170, mix in terps at whatever % you wish, up to ten%, let stir for a bit, fill carts. I think you can put a heatpad under the carts too to keep things warm. Work fast, a syringe cools down fast.

Those are the basics, also there’s a ton of threads on this already here.

6 Likes

Yeah if that explanation isn’t good enough for you $20 ain’t gonna cut it lol

3 Likes

I’ll just go ahead and say it

Edit
Theres way too much “coddling” on here. Read, search, read a little more to level up.

9 Likes

I use 85% distillate, 8% cbd, 7% terps
I use 2mm AVDs

1 Like

“Chemical and toxicological characterization of vaping emission products from commonly used vape juice diluents” Jiang et al 2020

This paper confirms clearly that PG, VG, MCT, Squalane, Vitamin E, Vitamin E Acetate, and triethyl citrate (TEC) are reacting during the normal vaping process to release additional byproducts into the inhaled vapor (called: vaping emissions condensate). These vape condensates were also confirmed to be toxic to lung epithelial cells (cells lining the passages of the bronchioles). These toxic vape condensates were analyzed by MS and identified as a mixture of esters, hydroxyls, carbonyls, aldehydes (like the formaldehyde you mentioned).

They characterized the magnitude of the toxicity by exposing cultured cells (in liquid media) to samples of vape condensate (at varying concentrations) which were generated reproducibly using a pump to emit vapors from a typical vape then capturing and then condensing those vaping emissions (Max Battery, CCell, wick ceramic core, nichrome wire). Max concentration for the cells exposed to vape condensate was 100 puffs (condensed) and dissolved into 15 mL of cell culture liquid media (It is unclear to me how exactly they quantified puffs into mL of condensate and used it in their calculations? However, they report clean numbers in v/v concentrations… see below).

Notably, TEC was anywhere from 10-1000x less toxic than the other compounds (ex: ~90% cell viability [10% of cells died from toxicity] when cells were exposed to PG vape condensate concentrations of 0.0001% [v/v – condensate in liquid media]; compare this to ~90% cell viability when cells were exposed to TEC vape condensate concentrations of 0.1% [v/v]; So, it seems lung epithelial cells are 1000x less sensitive to the vaping byproducts of TEC as compared to PG… and also, similar favorability compared to the vape condensates of the other fillers mentioned).

However, it is of course important to ask: how easy would it be for a human smoking a vape cart to recreate conditions inside their lungs that are analogous to >0.1% v/v concentration inside their lungs of TEC vape emission condensate? I don’t know how to calculate that or think about that.

Is it the case that a human smoking a 1g vape cart that is 1-3% TEC would need to vape 100 puffs x 4-seconds over a 5-minute period in order to expose their lungs to an amount of vape condensate equivalent to the toxic concentrations the researchers identified? 1000 puffs x 4-seconds over a 70-minute period? Only 10 5-second puffs per day? I don’t know how to calculate this.

Could be safe if exposure is below what the researchers found shrug. Would indeed be dangerous if exposure is above the levels the researchers identified for clear cytotoxicity shrug.

Seems like vape carts aren’t going away (consumer demand). Probably important ethically to make some effort to warn consumers about the risks of vaping if you’re going to manufacture/sell vape carts.

8 Likes

My crystal ball told me yrs ago, so. Carts are fun, not so much ssfe

Unfortunately science etc doesn’t always mix though in real life scenarios.