Making a homogeneous THC soda that doesn't separate using distillate

working on 2 products 1 is a 2ml drink the other is a 12oz.

at 30ml to a shot glass, that’s one itty bitty whiskey :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

A method for producing powderized cannabis oil, and the resulting powderized cannabis oil, in which concentrated cannabis oil is mixed with and absorbed by a modified starch powder, preferably maltodextrin, in a ratio of at least three grams of starch powder for every one-eighth of a gram of cannabis oil is disclosed. Further disclosed are beverages, baked goods and single-serve beverage brewing cartridges utilizing or incorporating the powderized cannabis oil to create human-consumable products that contain an emulsified, tasteless, and odorless dose of cannabis oil.

5 Likes
8 Likes

I am trying to make a batch of distillate syrup to be poured into a larger drink. Would lecithin be your emulsifier of choice for this application? What fatty oil might you use?

There is a ton of good information on this thread: Water soluble THC and CBD thread question

2 Likes

Have you tried food grade vegetable glycerin? It seems to make it water soluble especially mixed with sunflower lecithin.

thc and water mix at the right ph so one would have to maintain that ph in the drink for it to not separate. Also I’ve heard a lot of coffe drinks and teas containing butter and mct oil so those should be fairly easy. A caffeine Sativa expresó shot

1 Like

It says I don’t have access to that file? Did something get changed?

Isn’t the toxicity of PEG400 very high. Why would you use that.

@chewwie… She would not care. Her company thinks its ok to use mineral oil to cut distillate. You might wanna take what @Audra has shared with a grain of salt unless you think its ok to poison people. then go ahead and take her advice.

6 Likes

Same. No access. Must have been deleted?

What files are you looking for?

Try infusing into the high fructose corn syrup. I know this doesn’t help with your way to mix distillate into water but may help for your THC soda

Doesn’t work they separate! I’ve been working on soda for a year now

1 Like

that was the plan but I found another solution

Don’t give up, sodas like sprite have emulsified oils. Your success will really hinge on the surfactant/ emulsifier system you are using and the manner that you homogenize. Ph and tempature will need to be taken into consideration as well to develop the soda formulation.

3 Likes

I have been having awesome results using Vitamin E TPGS as an emulsifier - check it out!

4 Likes

Interesting… It’s a vitamin e PEG

1 Like

Basically, but it’s FDA GRAS and considered natural. Used in pharmaceuticals.

1 Like