Make Tincture w/ Distillate

Hey so I had a question about tinctures, could you make it with distillate & ever clear? What I had in my mind was to mix everclear w/ distillate and it would dissolve into the mixture correct? And from there I can just infuse it with any drinks. This is for my product, “Potion’zzz” if anyone can help w: this question it would be appreciated!

1 Like

What proof is your everclear? Yes distillate is soluble in ethanol.

Ever clear is 190proof right? Unless you intentionally lower the % was my assumption.

Hey thanks for replying. I’m honestly not sure what that even means. This would be the first time I would be doing this process & thought to ask the people on here.

Proof is percentage of alcohol x 2

95% is 190 proof

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on what proof is? Sorry, kind of new to tinctures and using everclear in general.

I’ve seen 190 and 151 which is why I asked

2 Likes

1 Like

And what does proof have to do w tinctures? Or anything in general? Genuine question

Solubility bro

4 Likes

I’m guessing there’s some kind of European vs American reading as well but basically yeah that definition.

1 Like

Are you trying to get them drunk or high? Don’t use alcohol is probably what we’re trying to tell you

9 Likes

Wouldn’t mct be better for tincs?

7 Likes

High,

Not trying to be rude here but if he didn’t know about the solubility in ethanol, I doubt he know’s about a lipid. I agree that MCT is better

4 Likes

Not sure. Never made a tincture in my life. That’s why I’m coming into here for questions haha

Your total alcohol content in your tincture must be below .5% or you need to register with the atf and pay alcohol taxes on it.

6 Likes

So what would be the best course of action here then? To make a proper tincture?

That’s one hell of a spoon. Aren’t you an edible company?

7 Likes

Best answer : Oral THC/CBD oil - #3 by Akoyeh

4 Likes