Make my diamond grow! (THCa isolate power into big diamond)

I have THCa isolate. It is a white powder that is very fine. What I would like to do is turn the 100 grams of THCa isolate into THCa diamonds. Does anyone have any advice on how I can do this?

Get some pentane, mix it together 3:1, pentane: thca.
Warm it up a bit and stir until fully dissolved.
Now recover about 1.8 of the pentane. Pour it out into a shallow tray with cover.
Place the tray on a heat mat and then carefully place ur seeds in the tray, equidistant from each other.

Wait 3 or 4 days and wallah, diamonds!

If u dont have seeds, youll be waiting like 2 weeks

4 Likes

Can I use a different solvent than pentane? I have ethanol, isopropanol, butane, acetone, and terpenes.

1 Like

You wont get 100g diamonds from 100g isolate btw. Mother liquor will have some thca left over after first harvest, you can however work the mother liquor again and crystalize some more after.

1 Like

Butane, propane and terps are the only viable options out of the ones u listed.
Propane will be difficult to do because of how volatile it is.
Butane is similar but doable.

Terps will be the easiest or should i say less equipment dependent.

Follow the same steps above but just add 1.5:1, terps: thca. Dont try and recover it.
Just place on a shallow tray (that allows atleast 1/2" of vertical liquid).
Now that im thinking about it with this small of a batch, a mason jar should work just fine.

The reason i say a shallow tray is because it allows more surface area for the solvent to evaporate, making the diamonds crash faster.
However if ur not familiar with super saturated solutions, then i would not worry about how fast ur going, just get a working procedure going first.

1 Like

Never use ISO for anything other than cleaning, never for extraction or post processing, just fyi

2 Likes

Thems fightin words… Ethanol vs Isopropyl Wars

But I’ve got to agree that neither ethanol nor iso are the best choice for ReX

2 Likes

If you buy some sticker remover or buy Never mind Coleman geul they added xyleen in there pffff you have petroleum ether 40-60
If you add 3 petroleum ether to 1 acetone you ll get an azeotrope boiling of at 32C

I’m a simple man with simple opinions lol

3 Likes