Magic Mushrooms: how will the market play out? The ‘hemp’ / CBD / Delta-8?

This is appealing. I may reach out. I need to do some more research on my own so you don’t have to explain everything to me like I’m 5-- I’d have you constantly banging your head against a wall.

How many of the 4 Sub Tryptamines @pdxcanna mentioned are legal in the US currently? I started looking into them late last night and fell asleep phone-in-hand.

3 Likes

I read that the mycelium of colonized cakes only has the illegal chemical in it if it is exposed to red light. It would theoretically then be possible to sell to the consumer a product that is not illegal, but would quickly grow mushrooms post purchase as easily as letting a little light into a box and waiting a few days.

1 Like

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

Legality is questionable for most if not all, I think they fall under the analog act. “Not for human consumption” and all that

3 Likes

Where’d your read this, that’s interesting

Paul stamets, who is a bit controversial. He was doing the opposite, trying to make the mycelium have psilocybin in it by controlling the light spectrum. I think it could be kept out entirely, but no one is doing research on how to keep the fun chemical out of things. It only makes sense for the sake of legality.

1 Like

Is this your real name? A joke? Or just an unfortunate coincidence?

3 Likes

Joke :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think people will put more loyalty to brands that guarantee a safe and homogenous dose.

When people find a hotspot in a large batch, your company is going to hear about it.

Mushroom extracts and concentrated psilocybin substances are going to need regulation and testing even more granular than current cannabis testing im betting.

9 Likes

Its actually pretty easy to get it homogenized in water.
But you got a good point.

7 Likes

I’m going to put something together to work with combat vets, and help them get over their PTSD, depression, etc. I will guide them and be their coach. I believe in this, and I know I can change lives just like mine has been changed.

13 Likes

Cool man. Be even better if you can do it for free. We should strive to make helping people cheap, that way there’s no incentive for unscrupulous capitalists to create a “help” industry. I’ve seen personally how undesirable for society that could be.

3 Likes

Nobody said anything about charging. I don’t have any intentions of charging because I intend to grow them, and I’m more than alright with helping the Vets that need help. I have non-profit idea that I just haven’t been working on called Can-A-Vet.org. I haven’t set the site up yet. But the idea is to ask for donations from the forum in the form of canna-meds. basically whatever anyone wants to send, and then I’ll in turn send it out to Vets that need meds but either have no access, or no money to afford them.
The tripping therapy will be something that I would like to do on a monthly basis. I would have people over and we’ll have a great trip, and work through shit. Just having the comradery, and having someone there that has been through what they’ve been through with some insight to help work through our stuck points. It will be as much therapy for me, as it will be for them

6 Likes

There used to be an awesome non-profit, like that, in CO called “Grow4Vets” but I think greed corrupted it unfortunately. I could be wrong but haven’t heard about them in years.

Doing everything for free sounds great but in practice, is difficult to maintain.

2 Likes

Any ideas or recommendations on how he can structure the organization, to cover expenses, etc. if everything is free?

1 Like

The shipping is the only real part that will cost money out of pocket. But I have put alot of thought into I just can’t do anything right now about it except getting the website up, and filing paperwork. But I’ve got the board members picked out, and they’ve accepted being a part of it. Everything will be above board. I’m not interested in taking cash donations unless it would be for shipping. I know that there are some people that would donate disty, or whatever here. So the big thing would just be the shipping.
I need to spend some time with moveweight and get the site up, get an IG setup, and a group on FB. Get the word out, and see what I can do?

3 Likes

Sell shrooms to Chad.

Shipping, packaging, commute/gas, labor (if the idea grows), server, domain and protection, SEO, attorney fees, phone/communications, events, venue, etc. Your time donated also cuts into time that can be spent earning money to cover costs.

Its a great idea. Just figure id throw out things to consider to eliminate any room for error. I think it will be freakin awesome to watch this idea come to fruition

2 Likes

Real easy to coach others from the sideline when you have nothing to lose

4 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t thinking about all of that to be honest. I was just hoping to be able to help some Vets out the way that I’ve been helped both through this forum, and through canna meds. I was able to come off of a shit load of meds, to include opiates using canna. So I know I can help others do the same.
My time isn’t worth much to me, and I’m willing to spend stupid amounts of time on the dumbest shit, so I figured spending my time on that wouldn’t mean much as far as time/money is concerned. I definitely wouldn’t want to be paid, but that’s because I’m not envisioning it as big as it will become if I do it right. If I do it right, it’s going to blow up and there’s going to be many outlets in which to help through

5 Likes