Made my first batch of 1000 carts, would like to improve

Ok so I just finished with making 1000 carts. I am an amateur so please bare with me. Im willing to learn and have looked up a few threads on here but all the information can be overwhelming lol.

So my current set up is a magnetic heating stir pad, beakers, syringes, distillate, carts, and terps. My current way of making carts is this,

1. heat distillate in beaker
  2. add terps
  3. start stirring and let distillate and terps mix
  4. suck it up into a syringe
  5. load up cartridges

With this method ive been making 40 carts in roughly 50 mins to an hour and it took me forever to make 1000 carts… I was looking at threads and want to buy a cart farmer filler. What is the best way to be the most efficient when making carts? I want to make 3000 next but would like some advice. Also I know im not using the best quality carts or terps but I would like to convert my ways. If you guys could recommend me some quality full ceramic carts and quality terp companies that would be dope. I will take any advice I can get, thanks!

Hey there! So far you’re on the right track coming to this page for information. It seems like your setup is working for you but not at the pace you would like. There are a few ways to improve your efficiency. The Cart Farmer series from @qma will definitely be your most efficient and high quality cart shooter. A more economical shooter would be the Cart Filler from our website HERE . If you keep the next batch of distillate and terpenes mixing on your hot plate stirrer it is very easy to reload the next round into the filler gun and keep going.

As far as the terpenes there are many options out there, either cannabis or botanical derived. Maybe someone else with some more experience can help give you some quality info on the sources for these.

As far as carts go, again there are a lot of great options to choose from. We have a couple choices on our website, you can check out the brand new All Glass cartridges Here or our standard Ccell-style carts Here!

4 Likes

Order botanical terps from @MassTerpenes
Hemp terps from @qma or myself
Cannabis terps from @terpenescali

Order a cf250 from @cart.farm

Order a homogenizer from eBay. 110v High Speed Dispersion Homogenizer Fsh-2a Lab Mixer 10 1000ml US for sale online | eBay It’s brand new for about $150 and can do 100ml batches. Once you step up to 3000pcs you should step up to a x1000 from @CATScientific

As far as carts go DO NOT CHEAP OUT

@qma and @BulkCarts have good quality in country cartridges.

@ascent has good quality all ceramics and can have them shipped to you within 2weeks or less

15 Likes

When you user Sboproduct terps how much % did you add to high quality 95%+ disty carts?

Get the gun from @qma. I use a 50 shot but plan on replacing it with his version once mine fully shits the bed. I’m sure bulkcarts filler would be good but I promised QMA I would grab his ages ago so I plan on going with him. He also seems like a stand up guy who works hard so I’ll support that.

I agree with everything @Kinsmanofthesun said except I believe you can still make a super good product without the homogenizer. I’m sure it makes things slightly more efficient but I’ve never had any issues with just a hotplate and magnetic stirrer.

@terpenescali has fire fire cannabis terpenes. Just did my first run with them.

I know True Terpenes has had some major issues on here but I’ve actually had very good feedback their flavor infused line.

The filling gun will up your production rate substantially where it’s almost negligible as to how many you fill. I generally fill 10-20, cap 10-20, fill, cap, etc. All depends on how many you actually want to cap in one session lol.

As for carts the style I normally go with are similar to this https://bulkcarts.com/ccell-black-1ml-catridges.html. Loads of guys carry them so shop around a bit. @qma also has some solid choices so I’ve heard but haven’t ordered as I’m sitting on a shitload from china lmao. Up until recently I’ve always ordered from china but will start ordering from within the US just to save myself the headache.

4 Likes

I did 5% my first run with cannabis derived. I don’t actually smoke so still waiting on feedback from the customers. If you want to message me in like a week I can give you a solid rundown on what everyone says. I’ll probably try 7% next time around.

Thats crazy though…isnt it much less % when using canna derived? 5% would be $2500 from sboproduct per kilo of carts…

I thought cannabis derived is ok at like 2%

I thought cannabis derived was actually supposed to be more like 10% TBH. Yea it’s super expensive. I’ve upped the price of them 3 bucks a piece tho and nobody has been complaining.

1 Like

@futurewhis How can you support a company (true terpenes) after they scammed and sold mineral oil as a dilutent to cart makers? Then they try and cover it up.

@Betroit has great cannabis Terps as well.

3 Likes

Never looked into it too deeply just knew they were up to some shit. Most orders were pre scandal. Sitting on about 100 bottles from various companies that i’ve been working through. Haven’t used true terps in probably about 6 months since I ran out. Makes sense not to use them, I’m the last person to support a greedy scumbag.

Appreciate all the advice guys, I will be buying a filler from cart farm and ceramic carts from ascent. Still looking into what brand of terps to buy.

@MassTerpenes was never involved in scandals. They have small batch terpenes with more variety in the isolates than what you typically see advertised.

I have some hemp terps on the site. I’ve been mostly saving my pennies for wolkenteks so I’ve been slacking in the terp arena.

1 Like

Cannabis derived terps can be used at 5-10% you can go higher with cannabis derived and not get the burning in the nostrils. Ive gone as far as 12% on my favorite strains but it becomes alittle too much at that rate (usually because it leaks in ur cart or just not economical).
Whenever i get a new batch of cannabis derived, i try 5,7 and 9% to see where the sweet spot is.
If the terps have gas(indica funk) they tend to need less, if the strain is sweeter it usually needs a bit more imo.

My personal favorite is 6% cannabis derived and 2% “flavoring”.

For example, i have a flavor i make called “Runtz”,
i use 4% Gelato (cannabis derived)
(from @Kinsmanofthesun)

2% Suver Haze (Hemp derived)
(from @qma)

and 2% “Enhanced” Skittlez (isolate/botanical blend)
(from @FloraplexTerpenes)

The gelato brings in the base flavor, the hemp makes it slightly more “cannabis” tasting, and the flavoring is just to market a specific strain without actually having that particular strains cannabis terpenes.

Ive had the “real” runtz and its pretty damn close :smile:

9 Likes

Make sure those carts from ascent are from a later build date. He was having HUGE issues. See the few posts from others with their issues. Have to search for that, it’s too early for me to go post digging before my am coffee.

1 Like

This is actually a super dope idea appreciate the knowledge share. I’ve been mixing a bubblegum into loads of fruity terp profiles for a very long time with super good results.

When you say “enhanced” skittlez is this their amped up line? I found trueterpenes flavor-infused line to be super tasty as they made wedding cake taste like real cake, cookies taste like cookies, etc. Would way rather support floraplex or a company that produces something similar I just haven’t done any R&D in some time. Haven’t used trueterpenes in a while and will not be using them again if everyone here has concluded that they not ethical.

Would love to hear what you think.

1 Like

Yeah thats it, i forgot what they called that line. I use floraplex whole amped up line in my different formulations. The gelato is yummy and the birthday cake will really make it taste like cotton candy/sweet cream.

Ive been thinking about selling my blends, i do lots of r n d on flavor strains, next one im working on is lime pop. Sour diesel cannabis terps as the base

2 Likes

Cart farmer end story…and know ur running temps

2 Likes

Shoot me a DM for a FTP discount code on terps. We pride ourselves on product innovation, premium natural ingredients, and stellar customer service.

This didnt need to turn into a sales pitch hijack thread buddy.

Your worse than terry and lisasdong spamming everyone’s threads.

2 Likes

Qma’s setup is superior

1 Like