Looking to see if anyone has a SOP for CBD isolate

Looking to make CBD isolate and wondering what I need to purchase to make it.
Any help is much appreciated

Here’s a good one. I have yet to try it, but it sounds pretty straightforward.

Edit: This one as well.

4 Likes

I have a process that is faster and more scalable that than one posted below.

You can scale up to several kilograms per hour if necessary.

3 Likes

Please, do share.

3 Likes

It is not free unfortunately. You are more than welcome to message and set up a time for a phone call though.

4 Likes

Isn’t this blog to help the industry grow not charge for information. What’s the price for your SOP?

2 Likes

That’s exactly what this forum is for, helping eachother grow.

I was at a point where my growth was exponentially greater through open source. Also, I could afford to eat the potential upfront loss of income that might arise from partaking in such a model.

There’s nothing wrong with @QGA selling his services as a consultant. That’s his model and what he needs right now to grow. He contributes here quite a bit, enough for people to make their own decisions on wether to hire him or not.

Sorry to single you out here @Lp_MotaCannabisCo just saw this as an opportune moment to clarify that as an overall Forum guidline

13 Likes

I totally understand @Future But I was just trying to get some basic knowledge on what I need to purchase to make isolate. I’m also willing to pay if it’s guaranteed to work. @QGA

1 Like

It is guarenteed By contract my friend. Feel free to private message me. Also assuming you have the equiptment to make wonderful distillate and your need is less than 10 kilograms a day my process will cost you under $400 in equiptment.

7 Likes

Howdy, lets talk. Send me you number, very interested in your SOP. Thanks!

Please contact me I’m looking for an SOP for cbd isolate.

I’m interested toO
I’d like to schedule a time to talk

I have interest to pay for your SOP. Please email info@cedarstoneindustry.com.

Here is the SOP from summits site a long time ago:

Here you will find a basic, but accurate follow through technique to create basic CBD growth crystalline. For the most part we believe that basic techniques should be made freely available, while others charge an arm & a leg for this information, we make it available for free.

CBD Crystallization Technique –

Use the advanced short path distillation techniques to create a starting material for the crystallization.

during this time it in very important you do not allow your compounds to oxidize.

When you are distilling the CBD from a CBD rich plant extract you will have to rewash and repeat the process up to 3-4x through short path distillation apparatus to keep cleaning it up, over and over your boiling point will lower. yYu should see your batch sit and test above 80%, this is a nice healthy number to work with. We suggest hemp farms, their CBD will come off a lot different compared to THC basic plants; even the THC will concentrate, that’s okay you will wash it.

Take your CBD distillate, and redissolve it in pentane. 1:4 ratio is about normal from what many of our users have said. This next step is a cycling step for crystal growth. Crystal production is not only a science but also an art form. Unlike making hash, the tools you use to make crystalline products vary and determine the results. Clean solvents, clean environment, and clean hardware matters, in such a case even sterile makes a difference, down to the surface ph.

Heat the solution to 115f, then cool it. repeat this process 3-4x. your cooling will be 40f set point.

So in a easy methodology here are the steps:

1. heat solution to 115f.
  2. cool to 40f
  3. repeat 3-4x(this process layers the internal solution by weight, this can also be done in sep funnel – some people separate the layers out and repeat the process).
  4. add pentane back to the mix during the time heat is being increased ONLY if you lose alot of fluid.
  5. during the last heating cooling cycle you will insert a blanket seed.(these are a handful of small hard crystals that will coat the bottom of the flask)
  6. as temperature is lowering, insert seed around 60f. do not blanket seed the process when at lowest temps. you want to drop the seeds in when the temps are lowering, so the seeds is dropped in at 60f, but the temps of fluid can still be going down to 40f.
  7. now remove the solution and place in a cool dry, dark spot. (spare oven, set oven temp to around 50f max.
  8. using a chemical duty vacuum pump remove enough of the pentane to visually see a cloud form. stop. allow to sit.
  9. the crystals will start to grow, and when you see less and less action, begin vacuuming with nitrogen sweep gas the beaker, removing the pentane from solution. larger crystals will begin to grow slowly.
  10. take the crystals that are now “dried” and freeze them in a stainless container with a fine meshed screen above the basin. make sure crystalsare on top.
  11. SUPER chill pentane, and now using a small chemical sprayer, wash the thc off the surface(yellow slime). this residual is called mother milk and can be reused.
  12. place crystals back in oven at 5f above the crystallization temperature. with a sweeping gas like nitrogen vac down like a mofo, and dry out the crystals!

What has happened here is the CBD is in high concentration, when you heat and cool over and over it creates a binding effect between molecules but it doesn’t allow it to just be HARD, thats what seeding is for. The CBD will grow on itself, typically attain a % of 98-99% right off the bat if everything is kept clean. The yellow crap on the surface are the impurities that formed around the crystallization as it is pushed to the surface when the cbd bonds to itself and compounds in the solution. This stuff can be washed off, redistilled to make more crystals, and the tail fraction can be kept and re-added back to something to avoid waste.

We will update more with chromatography steps, and other cool techs for CBD. We just thought that it’s time for people to stop paying for basic CBD crystallization process. Getting a crystal like this is 97-98% of the way to make high purity CBD crystal, its the other further steps that are require more accuracy and some other hardware to get to the 99.9% best of the best rating. not potency, we just meant like how far does this process take you? Pretty damn far. The rest is the expensive hardware stuff. This can be done post SPD work simply.

We only want to say use a quality vacuum pump with a good controller.

Don’t put pentane through unsafe non chemical duty pumps.

More crystallization information & techniques coming soon!

Enjoy – JBV

10 Likes

This is about as reliable and efficient as you can really expect elliot to be. I would not reccommend this tech, very wasteful

6 Likes