Looking for work in Adelanto / LA / Lancaster will also relocate

Currently seeking new employment full time or part time in the Adelanto / Lancaster / LA area.

My current employer Bear Labs / Big Oil and I have loved working together, they consist of multiple partners all of which has expressed if the timing was different and I had the ability to wait longer for the higher position they would keep me on board. Unfortunately I am need of higher compensation then they are able to offer so we all came to the conclusion that it would be best to relocate and find another opportunity.

I can run a lab in the direction of success, while building a strong team mentality / positive work environment vs a dictatorship. My teams are always extremely efficient and they are always learning to work more as a team vs having a my shift / his shift mentality.

Am used to deadline oriented, fast paced environments and hitting quotas everyday. Generally am used to shaping schedules with AM / PM shifts with high output production level on both hydrocarbon and solventless.

Can run any machine out there and create diamonds / sauce still despite the Medusa / Fast crashing issues.
Can have batters whipped and ready for packaging / testing the same day (always wet) also can do pentane recrashing, liquid live, water clear terps,

Can run a solventless department and any agitator out on the current market. Any rosin consistency can be done and scaled extremely well.

Can help take schedules and find out how to increase production and smooth out daily operations! All around will make a owners life easier by never having him have to come fix things in the lab. I can troubleshoot anything related to either department and always ensure a clean work space where quality is a constant.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/austin-hayden-04b74b135

10 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Solid extractor. Anyone needing a highly experienced lab manager/director should definitely be intrigued by this individual. Extremely unfortunate bear labs can’t keep him, he is a great fit for their team

6 Likes

Thanks man, that means a lot!!!

3 Likes

1 Like

Bump!!!

LA and Cali in general (and maybe the entire west coast and beyond) just seem really over saturated with both cannabis workers and cannabis products. I’m trying to leave here ASAP myself. Even if you’re a highly qualified worker and/or have very fire products, it just doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

There’s another guy on here trying his damnedest to find work down in that same area just like you (terplord420 I think) and he’s not having any luck after several months of trying.

You seem very qualified so it’s troubling to hear you can’t find work that pays enough.

Do you think it’s just so saturated with qualified workers plus the market contraction that the only way to find decent work is through knowing or having a special in with company owners?

It sounds like you’re on good terms with the current company you work for and they would like to help you out but even they don’t know anyone hiring for a position that suits your needs to refer you to. That’s troubling.

Is there any way you could let us know how much you’re being paid now and how much you would ideally like to be paid? I’m just curious.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been having a lot of trouble, but to be fair I wasn’t as confident in my job posting, when I lost my job I felt very beat down and tired with the industry. I should really take inspiration from ahay here and work on it instead of being sour. If someone doesn’t give him an offer I’d be very surprised. Honestly though, it’s looking like the days of working for start-ups are over, and the only real option now is working for an MSO. I have been seeing a lot of job listings in CA though, haven’t applied to those because I personally don’t want to move to CA for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

Yeah its not the place to come, at least up here and the people i know down there. There’s just a whole lot of everything, people, product and add in a hurting economy where people are spending less on “luxury” items. Everything is so expensive here and there always looking to up that tax and add another on something.

4 Likes

You know it’s extremely tough to say. From day one of my legal cannabis venture 10 years ago in Colorado it was somewhat all about connections and as silly as it is timing. The markets smashed right now but there are a lot of places thriving still, it’s about finding a team that’s thriving and needing your skill set at the time of searching. It’s definitely a lot harder now than ever I’ll admit. I’m trying to stay local but have offers to relocate. I am not really willing to discuss my pay rate down at my current position (today was actually my last day) but I will say the position I was going for was around 120k to start. I’d like to be anywhere from 90-there. If it’s lower than 100 would definitely want a contract of a thorough 60-90 day re-evaluation based on sales and performance.

1 Like

I’d stay clear of here and I think we should definitely connect and bounce things off eachother. Only reason I say that is the ones paying 80k plus are in LA and Long Beach, after rent and living expenses down there you are left with maybe $500 a month to put away if you budget like crazy. Maybe more if you put yourself in a bad area crappy apartment type setting. You’ve seen how multiple labs operate and how lazy processors can be, facility’s definitely need good people. It’s just that timing

2 Likes

Yeah, right now the well paid positions are taken. Like @Ahay5280 said, it’s about timing and people you know really. Cali is tuff right now. I recommend getting a decent position in a lab and starting your own side gigs.

5 Likes

Nothing like it!

1 Like

Nothin Ike it

1 Like

Any luck finding employment?

I’m curious how the job market is going down there.

How about you @terplord420? I know you were looking for a job in the same area.

Tons of local offers but nothing in the threshold of what I need. I can’t dedicate myself for less than 100k with the current world. Looking like I might be relocating as there’s tons of offers in my ideal range, just not local.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m up in WA and it’s pretty much the same. There’s a ton of entry level positions paying $15/hr, but just like Ahay, I cannot accept anything less than 80k or backtrack to an entry level position. I’ve already run out of time, so I’m packing my things and moving to GA and living with my parents for a little to figure things out. There are positions in other states that are in my range, but I haven’t heard back from any of them or gotten any offers from the ones I have interviewed with. I’m not very good at selling myself xD

1 Like

I saw a posting for a head grower in LA…for 80k. I think the days of expecting a high salary, especially if no education credentials, is long over, because the ones that will be operating, unfortunately, are the MSOs with ultra deep pockets and those companies are run not too dissimilar from other jobs in food manufacturing. Sucks to say but being able to run industrial equipment and ability to make concentrates of varied consistency is not going ti be enough to convince those companies to get hired on director level for 80-100k a year. Not gonna mince my words on this one. The writings been on a wall for a while now.

9 Likes