Looking for nasty pesticide contaminated oil

Anyone have any oil that has failed for pesticides? Preferably originating in Oregon, and most preferably with several different types represented? Needs a COA. Could be hemp or OLCC.

3 Likes

Hahahah love the title! Whats the proce tag on that :slight_smile:

What the hell kind of purpose would someone need contaminated stuff for besides obvious disposal?

should have used aeytalics again

1 Like

I’ve spiked clean, then ran many different remediation sops to figure out how to get them all.

2 Likes

weed prices are cheap enough man. You don’t need to buy all the PGR/Eagle 20’d shit to get a bargain anymore.

jkjk.

1 Like

Why does this thread exist

Right, basically that is what I’m looking to do

2 Likes

should I use ayetalics now?

Mr. Mag is trying to help poisoned material…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

PM me. I’m new to the site and I might have some product for you but, be aware, we are in PA. I might be able to organize shipping.

Keep up kid…

To prove(or investigate) that the membrane skid you’re selling can perform such a trick.

4 Likes

Olcc and ODA both require almost immediate disposal of any material that fails testing for pesticides… and def no transfers of said material. Unless on the off hand you have an rnd license and some written plan submitted to olcc/oda.

It’d be pretty easy to buy a mixed pesticide standard and contaminate a sample though.

1 Like

Ooh pesticide remediation membranes, now that’s a twist

1 Like

agreed. one week to ask for a retest. probably not a lot of pesticide contaminated extract just lying around in OR METRC.

If a licensee’s product fails a test and the licensee wishes to initiate reanalysis of the sample by the original lab, the licensee must request the reanalysis from the original lab within 7 calendar days and must notify the OLCC of this request at the time the request is made.

then, assuming a PASS the second time, you’ve got to get a ANOTHER test from a second lab.

…unless the input biomass was tested as clean and the extract tested hot. in which case remediation attempts are allowed.

In the case of extracts and concentrates, if 100% of the usable marijuana used as an input in the process lot was tested for pesticides by a licensed and accredited lab and the test results for the pesticide results are in Metrc then the failed process lot may be remediated in a way that decreases the pesticide concentration below the action limit without diluting the item.

source: https://www.oregon.gov/olcc/marijuana/Documents/Bulletins/Compliance-2022-01.pdf

one might also have R&D tests that indicate material would fail if submitted for compliance testing. Not sure there is any way of moving that between licenses without triggering a required compliance test.

Olcc and ODA got that little loophole locked out also. They say all pesticide testing on cannabis products must be a compliance test, no rnd pesticide testing allowed. All other tests are fine for rnd. Although I have seen some for info pesticide coa’s come out of at least one OR lab… Just don’t see why youd risk a lab license for it though.

2 Likes

Indeed.

Is a R&D pesticide test allowed for marijuana or usable marijuana?
No. A pesticide test on marijuana or usable marijuana is considered a compliance test.

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DISEASESCONDITIONS/CHRONICDISEASE/MEDICALMARIJUANAPROGRAM/Documents/Cannabis_Testing_FAQs.pdf

I thought I recalled that, but haven’t had to interact with those rules (nothing in production testing hot for pesticides) in years.

performing an appropriate micro-extraction on all incoming material has certainly helped (have rejected several rounds of biomass).

the rules cited above suggest that the folks who tried selling us pesticide contaminated material may have been dropped in the fire.

I might make the effort to inform folks of that risk upfront…

Before I buy, I’m going to perform a micro-extraction on your material and submit it for testing. if it’s hot, those test results will be tied back to this harvest lot.
So…are you sure this stuff is clean?

3 Likes

Dang. I forgot about that.

1 Like

this lil diddy is INVALUABLE. don’t know what we’d do without micro-extractions. so long as your intake and production records have dotted-i’s and crossed-t’s, you can keep what’s good to go, reject the rest, place production flow in an order that doesn’t cross-contaminate, etc. etc.

knowledge is power baby :stars:

1 Like

Ah so you would do a small scale extraction and then have a lab do compliance testing on that with full metrc tracking? What’s the approx end weight of the pilot batch, like less than 5g? It’d be interesting to see all the paperwork for that honestly.

1 Like