Looking for a teacher/consultant

Hey! I will be going to MMI in AZ in the very near future. Would absolutely love to steal that offer hahaha.

2 Likes

I would be elated

2 Likes

The general knowledge on ‘those subjects’ is already plastered all over this forum. Search further on this forum and you’ll end up learning more than expected! No cap.

Hear me out, when you’ve purchased a specific ‘kit’ from a company with little to no experience, or even experienced but the new job you got has a lab built already with equipment you are unfamiliar with (ex: BVV’s equipment). It would be a smart move to learn from the company who sold the equipment.
We both know all these processes are done differently across the states. Each to their own.

@Dred_pirate you got hella knowledge, no shade. I’d suggest hittin him up if he offers.

2 Likes

Ive seen the videos? It seems like asking to grow weed from the hydro store. They cant even grow anything well.

1 Like

I took a live poker lesson from a world champ- the fat guy with goofy glasses. Worthless. Im sure you are 1000 times more helpful than bvv.

2 Likes

not to mention that bvv is selling graywolfs design and calling them dumb names. They have nothing proprietary other than bad fittings.

6 Likes

Which one of their systems uses grey Wolfs designs? Just interested.

I think he invented the closed loop. He used to have the parts custom made and now china makes them and peopple import it.

1 Like

LMFAO, you sir are well educated! Yes, Graywolf invented the Closed Loop Extraction system.

Oh well. I guess everyone in the industry who has put together a system that thermodynamically transfers solvent from one place to another has copied his design.

BVV has a huge customer base that seeks education. They are pushing and encouraging the industry to move forward in a positive direction in any and all areas possible. I don’t see any reason to throw hate on such a cause. Seeing that you are here on Future4200, where the cannabis industry thrives.

1 Like

I believe @thumper is referring to the “Apollo” units. The standard top fill CLS.

graywolf put all the info out there. I dont think he has any issues with them selling it. I built mine off the same plans as bvv built theirs. Except I use better valves.

How much you spend on your system? Im thinking of building one

Its around 1k for a base, then 200 for spools and clamps. a couple hundred in hoses, then 50 per valve, lots of fittings and clamps and gaskets. A solvent tank, a vac pump, vac chamber or oven. Nitrogen tank, cooling coil, recovery pump. It all adds up to about half what bvv would sell the exact same thing for.

1 Like

when I visited it was still illegal to smoke weed but bvv wasnt forthcoming with any info. It reminded me of the hydro store where if you ask any question they repeat what the catalog says. The owner seemed very nice an gave me a free sample of celpure.

1 Like

Right on.

I’ve purchased probably 90% of my equipment from bvv. I don’t understand all the hate. I’ve been on the phone with them for HOURS and they have always helped me. When they didn’t know, they pointed me to this website. I have nothing but positive things to say, yes some of their equipment is more expensive, but I’m willing to pay higher prices, because they have always been super helpful

2 Likes

I am starting a lab in Oklahoma and know nothing at all about extracting. We have a decent size grow and a greenhouse. I bought four different bho labs that where supposedly turn key. We have had more than enough people come out and tell us they could run the equipment. They just need this peace of equipment are that kind of filter. I will pay by what you can produce. We have 10,000 plus frozen Plenty of parts just need someone that truly knows how to operate the labs. 30 cup, falling film, 4 different bho labs, larg filters, chillers, reactor for crashing. Willing to start out at 100,000 and show what you can are can’t do. % is not out of the question for the right tech. 817-739-1042

7 Likes

Welcome Jimmy, I would recommend starting a new thread searching for potential applicants, I’m certain you will find the right person here.

4 Likes

Once you’ve done all the research to know and understand yourself how to build a CLS part by part, yes, it’ll be cheaper. Because you aren’t paying for a third party to assemble, test, support, and warranty the system.

When it comes down to source 304SS tri-clamp spools, BVV has pretty competitive pricing and the spools are used on PSI certified extraction systems. They are not USA welded but stainless steel is stainless steel. & IF you were to find a defect in the welding, they replace it.

USA tri-clamps that aren’t ASME are hard to come by. They are typically a special order. The clamps I find all come from China.

The parts sold through BVV are constantly evolving as the industry demands. Coming from HORRIBLE Chinese blue handled valves to now Milwaukee valves.
Milwaukee is a USA WI based company who specializes in chemical valves. They are great valves at the cost (around $50). Here’s a link to their site.

1 Like

This is the so far from the truth!

NOT ALL STAINLESS IS THE SAME!

first off, 304 316 are both stainless and both completely different.
second off 304 from china is nowhere near the same as 304 in America

4 Likes