Looking for a teacher/consultant

Anyone near located around Eugene Oregon or Southern Oregon, willing to do some consulting or let me shadow you while you extract? I’d love to pick someone’s brain and watch there practices.

1 Like

That’s not how this works

7 Likes

That’s a called a paid consultation/training.

5 Likes

if only it were that easy

2 Likes

You can come to my shop and be a fly on the wall for a day. I’m located in Arizona, though. Or, if you have a facility, I travel for consults, too.

27 Likes

From what I know of @Dred_pirate - that’s a sweet opportunity, take him up on it

21 Likes

I figured it would be paid, I’m not that naive. I wouldn’t insult people and try and get it free, I just don’t know the pricing and was open to see what the charges would be. Dred that seems like an amazing offer, i just might take you up on it. I’d have to see what how to make it work. Thank you.

6 Likes

It would be a paid day. But, much better than paying for me to travel to you. You’d spend half as much.

4 Likes

I live in Portland, happy to meet up some time.

5 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is reaching out! Just to clear things up, I really want to shadow a current lab/set up. I wanna ask a bunch of dumb questions and just soak up your knowledge. Thank you

6 Likes

You should go shadow dred pirate

15 Likes

Being a newb to the world of extracting myself I thought I would add my two cents worth. I have spent hours studying and have made about 25 runs with my machine. My only fails were user error but those fails made me go back to reading and researching. I started with what I think would be considered the easy stuff… shatter and crumble. I am pegging about 78% average with the shatter now and my results are pretty consistent. I have a closed loop true de-waxer (Mini Icarus) from BVV and with the consistent results and 25 runs I feel like I am just now to the point where I could go to a lab and actually benefit from the knowledge that an experienced lab guy could lay down for me. There are no dumb questions but knowing and understanding what questions to ask beforehand would probably be beneficial. I am currently looking at the fundamentals of live resins and hopefully in a few months I will pull the trigger.

8 Likes

I also need assistance in AZ with running a 10lb BVV closed loop with MVP pump… Please let me know if can help train or would Ben willing to work

1 Like

It’s like they just keep stacking up this is abject comedy at this point

2 Likes

I’m going back to consulting :laughing:

5 Likes

Whats wrong with asking for a consultant? I’m not asking to go and watch for free. Im asking to see if anyone was in my area because if I knew anyone I’d have asked them first. I thought this would be a great way to learn. I’m definitely willing to pay, I assumed when I said consultant, that was implied.

15 Likes

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for a consult.

The best way to learn is from someone with experience.

16 Likes

For those seeking help on specifically BVV extractors (or any CLS, SPD, ROTO, ETC…), BVV will soon be hosting classes/training on ALL equipment. They plan to have courses up and running by the beginning of 2021.

6 Likes

Can’t wait.

You’re still better off learning from me on those subjects.

21 Likes