Looking for a few good people!

Looking to fill 3 openings in Ardmore OK.
We need 1 centrifuge bagger and two centrifuge operators. Starting pay for baggers is $13 per hour, starting pay for centrifuge operators is $14.50 per hour.
Also looking for qualified lab managers with experience in managing large scale ethanol processing. Current capacity is 600 pounds per hour with a target of 1000 pounds per hour in the next two months. Pay is dependent on experience.
Please DM me if you have interest.

8 Likes

$13/hr that’s criminal

18 Likes

minimum wage in OK is $7.25 how’s that for criminal

14 Likes

that’s only because its the federal minimum wage… doesn’t mean people can actually live off 13$/hr in this economy …

14 Likes

Agreed…minimum wage in South Dakota for instance is like $9.95 but I know a cannabis employer out there who won’t pay less than $20 per hour.

10 Likes

I bet the cost of living in Oklahoma is just as fucked when compared to their average hourly wage as every other state, no more or less.

With that being said, the wages being offered sound pretty good. No one in California is offering their unskilled laborers double the state minimum wage.

3 Likes

All our employees make $20+

10 Likes

Like I was saying. No one is offering their employees double the minimum wage in California for unskilled labor. I guess I should mention the minimum wage here is 14 for companies below 25 employees and 15 for larger companies.

As a comparison, 13hr in OK is 1.79 times minimum wage. 20hr in CA, even for a small company, is only 1.42 times minimum wage. Gonna have to double down on that being a pretty good offer comparatively.

Just for fun since I’m laid up today. I checked the average cost of housing, which it should be mentioned finding housing in or near Ardmore would be tight, but the average 2bd in Ardmore is going for 800, the average 2bd in Redding is going for 1.3k running that across the numbers they’re a little more comparable at rent in Ardmore speaking for only 35.5% of your income and Redding for just 37.5% of your income.

Both of which sound like they fall just shy of a livable wage, but only barely considering your rent should speak for no more than 33.33% of your income, and these are wage comparisons for jobs that don’t require skill. If we’re at 14.50 to push a button or two we’re inside the livable wage range at 31.8%.

The other things here are in Redding you could find several 1bd spots and save a few hundred on rent, this wasn’t an option in, or near, Ardmore, but the cost of utilities and everything else in Oklahoma is going to be some of the cheapest in the country, which is offset by California raping everyone for gas and electricity and every other thing we could possibly need.

18 Likes

Word up

1 Like

Is that 2 bedroom a roommate situation or 2 bedroom solo

I had roommates until about 25 personally, my last one was 4 roommates in a 3 bedroom. Loved it ! some of the best years of my life. Most people I know now who are well off still have a roommate just for social reasons or split their living situation with a significant other. Is this factored into that 800?

3 Likes

Hemp. Our numbers are a bit different.

2 Likes

Excerpt from UN Global Compact:

While there is no universally agreed definition of a living wage as a concept and no universally accepted monetary amount that defines such remuneration, a lack of consensus is no excuse for inaction . Importantly, there is broad consensus around what constitutes a living wage — it is a wage that enables workers and their families to meet their basic needs.

I’ve personally always considered a living wage one by which an individual could provide for their own cost of living in a private domicile. Such a wage would then allow a couple of people, and I mean the term literally, to then join forces and use their combined income to save for their future, or to provide for as many as two other half sized humans.

Further I only referenced 2bd homes because there are no 1bd listings in or around Ardmore. So unless you want to live with a complete stranger and have your livelihood be dependent on their reliability you’d need a wage that could pay the bills of the cheapest available homes in your region. Like you said though a lot of people are currently not single if you and your partner break up you’re both going to be homeless because neither of you made enough to pay the bills.

No one who is working 40 hrs a week should be forced to live with other people in order to survive.

7 Likes

Not a whole lot of rentals for sure but quite a few houses for sale in and around $50k-$80k.

Good options for the management guys, but I imagine most guys taking entry level positions probably don’t have that kind of purchasing power. How long have you guys been in operation out there now?

2 Likes

Agreed. Lots of help out there for first time home buyers though which I preach to the guys any chance I get.
Just about 2 years.

2 Likes

I was only brought in recently though.

USDA loan honestly looks like it might apply there. That’s a pretty snazzy no down payment, low interest loan with some income caps. The guys make 14.5/hr and less would be eligible for those, if they also meet the other requirements like DTI below 41%, whatever is arbitrarily considered steady employment, and a credit score at or above 640.

Then there’s the Oklahoma housing finance agency and they do combined loans with things like FHA, etc. It started to get pretty involved how you can combine these different things and eligibility for specific regions etc so I’m not looking further, but buying homes out there does seem pretty easy.

4 Likes

You got to be kidding with those third group wages seriously I could sit around in a slot machine place and get paid $15 or more and I don’t even have to get off my ass and I get tipped when some idiot wins even just hanging out at a f****** glass pipes store pays more than f****** $13 an hour you got to be kidding dude how much you charge for those extractions that require an experienced person to work for $13 an hour

3 Likes

oh man that talk to text thing wasnt working.

1 Like

He’s never followed through with any of his statements when we were kids he want the military but what he learned is how to become a stream liar nothing that comes out of his mouth is true he says he’s going to come tomorrow morning and I have no f****** expectations that he would ever show up I was using my phone as internet for teh first time and dont know how the dang phone works. Im sure i posted in the wrong thread and it sure was a hot mess of a post.

1 Like