Looking for 4-pin plug to enable internal thermocouple in Chinese heating mantle

well then.

umm.

fuck!

silly hat day it is…

2 Likes

@Soxhlet just posted a link to this PID tutorial.

Read it, and see if you can fix that hat…

https://www.thorlabs.com/tutorials.cfm?tabID=5DFCA308-D07E-46C9-BAA0-4DEFC5C40C3E

(Hit me up via DM).

5 Likes

Sorry i fall out easy constant pain and dragging my mind along, Thats a book in itself

I bought the avocado oil and tried witj prope in the flask, seems to read accurate on display. It stopped going up after 152, then fell.

Stir bir inside 1500rpm

2 degree overshoot isn’t terrible, but you can probably do better.

Is that before, after, or during PID calibration?

If after, I suggest going again, maybe aiming at 160 or 180C

The 4 prong one? I might have an extra actually.

1 Like

I didnt do anything still other Than burned it in like i did and then load it with avocado oil just recent to see whats up lol, properly best if can avoid messing to much with it unless it gets terrible. Im like two years in to building lab without making other than rso to keep equipment Coming, start a thread soon witj my first run

My head is getting confused reading for so long witjout doing any processes lol

if you can run the auto-tune, it should go to 150 and stop, rather than 152. like I said, 2C overshoot isn’t terrible. some folks see 10C or more. still worth doing if you think you can decode the mantle manual.

1 Like

by applying heat, and seeing how much the temperature changes, the PID is able to learn how YOUR process needs to be heated.

no. you train. then you use. in use, bumping the temp you are driving at in small increments allows you to see the affect on head temp as you hit the boiling point on new fractions. only one learning is you. PID does as it was trained. either by you, or in the factory. which is why it misses…

yes, the PID only learns when you explicitly put it in training mode.

we had silly hat day.

now it’s boiling oil to protect the castle walls… :wink:

1 Like

Ill try an sit down one more time reading on it, before asking more if not leaving it be. definitely still need of some understanding of it all. thx for the single peaces of rice neatly placed on each fork spike, 1234 spoon can take a dive​:rofl::rofl::pray::pray: late here, for some past early

2 Likes