Looking for 1-2 technicians and 1 shift lead for cbd extraction lab in Florida

Looking for 1-2 lab technicians for a ethanol based cbd processing and product manufacturing facility. This position is for the extraction side but opportunities to move into product development if so desired.

We are a family owned and operated facility with myself as the director of operations. No brads or chads here, no corporate bull crap, nobody asking you to perform miracles because they’re completely ignorant about the process or just an idiot.

Florida is absolutely blowing up and is staged to be the leading biomass provider by 2021 if the farmers are atleast half way decent at growing, So tons of possibilities here.

Paying 20$ an hour for untrained techs with scientific backgrounds and will be moved up to 50,000-55,5000$ a year salary once fully trained and proficient at the job.

Those of you who are already proficient at ethanol extraction would start at 50,000$ as we evaluate your skills and then would be adjusted accordingly up to 70,000-75,000 if you end up being a shift lead or a specialty tech.

Full benefits and paid vacation.

Looking for someone already based in Florida or the south. But open to discussion for anyone located elsewhere.

DM me for my email to send a resume, or comment on the thread If you don’t Have the ability to DM yet.

Good luck everyone and stay safe out there.

Edit: if y’all could also reply with what machinery/tech you feel you excel at and or are proficient at, that would be very helpful.

I appreciate the overwhelming response, give me a little time to review all the resumes and I’ll try to give everyone an answer either way.

14 Likes

@terplord420

3 Likes

I second @terplord420 for this as well!

3 Likes

Is he looking for a job?

2 Likes

This is a great opportunity.

Please specify location so I may direct a qualified lead,

Edit: I missed Florida

@Killa12345 check it, maybe you know some people.

What part of Florida?

1 Like

Hes in Orlando.

What’s cost of living out there like? Out of curiousity. That seems like a great pay for the location.

One thing I have always appreciated about @Siosis is his willingness to ensure employees are appropriately compensated. The only thing that’s kept me from coming on board is Florida. (No offense to the Florida boys. Y’all are alright, just your state that isn’t!)

5 Likes

whats not good about our state??? We dont have state income tax???

3 Likes

I know labs in LA / California paying similarly and I know the cost of living there.

That’s why I was so surprised at this. Big props.

2 Likes

What a great opportunity.

I was offered $15 an hour here in Oregon this week to be a lab co-manager (or whatever the position title actually is). A friend once reminded me when I was hiring at a former lab that skilled laborers aren’t cheap, and cheap laborers usually aren’t skilled. If the cheap laborers aren’t appropriately compensated within a reasonable period of time, it builds contempt for the company and encourages them to seek a living elsewhere.

People often take advantage of the novelty aspect of the job and say, “well, at least you get to work with cannabis!” Like it’s a consolation prize awarded for substandard wages. Having run and setup a number of labs, I know what the margins in this industry look like, and while they may be tight, there is room for fair pay. I think @Siosis also recognizes that retention of his employees will also be higher if he pays well. Rehiring for the same position and retraining aren’t usually worth the upfront cost savings of low wages and high turnover, in my opinion.

And as for what’s wrong with Florida, @Killa12345… well, let’s see… One of the worst places in the US to work as an educator (my wife is a high school teacher); the fact that someone can say “Florida man” and everyone knows there’s some crazy story that seems somehow less crazy because apparently that’s how so dang many Floridians act; there’s no elevation to the whole state, and aside from it possibly being underwater in our lifetimes, I am a rock climber and outdoorsman who likes the mountains; beaches are overcrowded (and the surfing sucks!); hurricanes guaranteed every year (and yeah, we get earthquakes here sporadically, but y’all deal with natural disasters on the regular, for realz!); the state’s current and historic political climate and actions also offend my delicate sensibilities (haha); and the list goes on…

Really wish I liked Florida more. It would be a sweet opportunity for sure!

2 Likes

glad the news has convinced you of all that but we are very civilized here. Our education system is good…Beaches are far from overcrowded. Surf sucks that one of the greatest surfers in history is from florida. Hurricanes are guareanteed and especially not in orlando.

Now the elevation is true but that far north is pretty damn close to Georgia and they have mountain there…but your right the state aint for the faint of heart. There are really country places here where the term “florida man” rings true. Im sure you dont judge oregon like every wook we see. DAF is what i think of when i think of “oregon man” LOL

Hope the lab opportunity pans out…

3 Likes

You aren’t far off in what you think of Oregonians! :rofl: and nothing but love for y’all out there holding it down. Keep convincing me of Florida’s greatness and it’ll make it easier to shoot @Siosis a text and try to move forward there. Anyone else want to chime in and convince me of Florida’s greatness? I’m all ears!

I understand all to well what it’s like to be undervalued. I left LA & SF primarily out of the financial toll just being there did to my finances. You wouldn’t catch me back on the west coast without a solid six figure income.
As a single father, I have more important things to focus on than the cannabis journey anymore.

I even subsidized my salary with my lawsuit winnings to stick it out in hopes of a raise. Done dealing with childless employers.

It was a reminding moment to keep working for myself.

2 Likes

i personally think Florida is the best state in the Union. The weather is just about perfect year round. Not to much traffic. Everything including real estate is cheap. No state income tax (that should be enough), the beaches are tropical paradises where you can swim without a wetsuit. most of our state has major ports all down the coast so your really not more than 30 miles away from a major port which is important for business and ecomony. I can keep going!

One other aspect is just about anything goes. which can be a gift or a curse. If you can control it, that means just about anything is within reach…if you abuse it, you can be looked at like a “florida man or worse” The people and culture here is just about second to none. There is a sub community for just about any race or nationality.

4 Likes

Texas has no state income tax.
But the industry here is beyond a joke.
Florida has dispensaries with thc now right?

Like… new Texas indoor hemp farmers expecting $1600lb can’t make this shit up

1 Like

Yes and its super easy to get your card. It cost about $300 for the inital dr visit and card but every year after its $77.50. you can have a 3 month supply and im prescribed 14,000mg of thc every month.

2 Likes

And you guys have awesome gun laws

2 Likes