Lol. who else has ruined clothes in this industry?

I like to forget to close the stopcock on the separatory funnel. I mean I open it to clean but always forget not to leave it that way

1 Like

I’m SO glad I’ve never EVER done such a lukewarm IQ, mouth breathing thing as that. Like not even 5 or 6 times………… definitely less than 10…. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Lol, just threw away a bunch of clothes with crude stains on them. I wear black pants and mostly black shirts now because I can hide some gnarly stains.

2 Likes

I don’t have a recent picture, but we wear the rattiest (is that a word?) clothes when processing. From oil being splattered, to chemicals, to dust from biomass, it’s just a daily and dirty business. Tough on clothes.

2 Likes

Everyone does that at least once… its all part of the fun.

Right @cyclopath

4 Likes

That is how the game of dab it where it lays was born…

4 Likes

I had it so good at my last job, company provided uniforms. No risk of ruining my good clothes with black CBD crude

1 Like

uniforms service for fire retardant scrubs is insanely expensive per person

Looks like each employee gets 5 pairs and a shoe allowance and each person gets an allotted laundry time slot on the brand new washer and dryer to wash their set weekly for less than half of what 6 months of service will cost.

1 Like

I get some stuff laundered through Unifirst, I have some white lab coats and they can’t even get crude stains out. Still the same orange faded color. I’m pretty disappointed with their service in general. We also have chef coats and they have lint on them after they come back.

They’re good enough, but FFS you should be better than me at laundry if I’m paying for it.

Edit: Be VERY careful working with a laundering service. Pretty much every single one (big ones at least) will lock you in for a 5 year contract and will charge you 1/2 the amount if you back out; you can only back out if they fuck up and you write them letters and stuff. Read your contracts.

3 Likes

Great tip! Thank you sir.

1 Like

ph up (or down) i forget
& bleach

3 Likes

Every single piece of clothing I have is peppered with hash. My floors. My cars. Tools. Furniture. Shoes. Cell phones. Hell I wear a lab coat and still manage to ruin everything. It’s fucking irritating. But then again. These are first world problems most the world just wouldn’t understand

5 Likes

I’ve oiled up 2 hoodies just this week.

Soaked them in iso in a bucket and scrubbed the spots in the bucket and washed and they are brand new.

1 Like

I dump oil into hot reactors all the time. First few times was like wtf what did I just do. Now it’s like dam I did it again, oh well.

I bought a weeks worth of scrubs and change into them for work. Ive noticed i dont get near the complaints that i stink of terps or look like i work on heavy equipment all greasy and shit. Once they get nasty ill toss em and buy more. A pair of decent scrubs is lots less $ than a pair of Levis and a Rick and Morty shirt.

4 Likes

comfy

9 Likes

Freeballin’ in a tyveck suit gets itchy.

1 Like

Whats up with that twinks package? Looks like 70s muff or he stuffed it like a 14 year old tits in a prom dress…

1 Like

Need one of those onesies, it’s festival season

1 Like

Yeah it happens

2 Likes