Locked thread, should have been cleaned up before things got out of hand

Soooo,

This thread got derailed over terms:

Not saying that’s right or wrong, the argument over terms, but I would like to say that things should have been moved out of a valid thread before the flags started coming in and got it locked.

We’re supposed to have jannies that clean this stuff up and not add to the drama right?

Things should have been moved by a lvl 4 before name calling started.

OP got his answers, hopefully, but the thread got seriously derailed.

Just some feedback.

Edit: removed a tag so this doesn’t seem so accusatory.

4 Likes

It should be split off and re opened imo

But Gas vs Vapor was of extreme importance in that conversation.

4 Likes

no disagreement here. but there’s a conflict of interest sort of deal with me moving chunks of that thread, given that I’m involved in the derail. no problem with any of the other level fours going in a cleaning up the mess. I’d apologize for being wired wrong, but it would be disingenuous :thinking:. certainly wasn’t looking to pick a fight.

pretty sure @acreativeusername has what they need…and certain that they know how to get more details if/when they need them (the detail and precision with which they asked their questions suggests they’re plenty familiar with how this place works).

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with the way you are wired. You have assisted with the rewiring of my brain for greater function and attention to detail. Don’t let one person’s crazy rantings weigh too heavily. You aren’t the Dennis Parker (@Beaker) Award winner for nothing!

9 Likes

I agree he most likely got his answers as well, and I even agree with the importance of the right words, but the thread was decent enough until the argument.

Someone else could still use the thread in the future too.

I can also see the point of you personally not moving it, but another jannie should split things off once things started getting out of hand.

So, apologies for saying you personally should have split, but I stand by saying some comments should be split off of the thread by another lvl 4.

3 Likes

I guess this is a good example where lvl 4’s, not one’s who have a conflict of interest, shouldn’t step in and clean a thread up, I’m my humble opinion.

Just adding some feedback and hope none of this is taken personally.

3 Likes

If people would have voted for me, I’d have taken care of it. :man_shrugging: :joy:

Edit: *more people. Thanks for the confidence boost from those who did! :pray:

7 Likes

I would have as well, but I don’t wanna be no jannie lol.

It’s a lot of work if you are really on it, then people get all upset at you as well.

That’s why I said no thanks from the beginning when we had the poll for it.

Edit: fwiw, I voted for ya

3 Likes

This is just another case where one asshole disrupts everything. I said it before and i don’t think anyone’s mind will change but posts that are just cussing people out with no content should be gone. Not moved to the echo chamber but just gone altogether and if you don’t clean up your act you should go bye bye. It’s embarrassing to tell someone to go to f4200 and then the first thread they see is just a gross cesspool.

9 Likes

that would explain it, vapor. he said he was accounting for the wet weight in the post. the oil looks dank though. Does anyone do a short extract and just keep the small amount that comes out at first? I could do that with a valve. I gotta try, put the initial portion in one collection and the rest in another. the only prob is i barely smoke concentrate I get completely fucked up. I didnt do it tonight but ill dab and youll see my posts. Ill bring my failed crc and bud to the glg meetup. I already called it tonight and its 530 am- ill dab and sleep

1 Like

I haven’t read the thread, but heres the quick RD.

Nope, I wouldn’t even call the lvl4 jannies, in that sense. All moderation is done through flags. I told them directly they are not responsible for cleaning up or moderating.

Nope. People call each other names all the time. Likely it presents badly on both parties when things go that low, as it should. the community, people like yourself, have all the right to either step in and point out their behavior (I like linking the triangle from the FAQ), or watch from the sidelines. The ones in the middle making needless noise are what the echo chamber was designed for.

Now the thread has calmed down, at least 24 hours later, we can go split the thread in a coherent way so someone using the searchbar can easily find their answers. The split out conversation will still be linked somewhere.

Flags help with this a lot, when they get a lot of community flags, especially sustained, the system limits their posting ability.

3 Likes