Live resin distillate carts: truth in labeling?

Fixed for you

3 Likes

More like if it shatters it dont matter.

Most labs in Oregon are already claiming everything they make is live resin, its a total marketing buzzword and the custys dont know better even with 3-5% terp results on extract they think the live resin is better than the cured with 8-15% terps.

the best thing you can do is be consistent and honest. people are buying our cured over the live options as its consistent affordable and tastes great.

6 Likes

jfc this thread is a crater of beat up sausage meat that at one point resembled two dead horses

how do you people have this kind of time it’s crazy to me

2 Likes

They sell ”live” products that are in fact dead. It’s magic.

1 Like

This plant was chopped like 2 weeks ago its still alive with its roots in water

5 Likes

So I think we can ask at least agree on 2 things now.

HTE is the essence of the cannabis plant.

Isolated cannabinoids are just isolated cannabinoids.

With that agreement on the table we should reach a few more agreements before we go forward.

Do customers care how, or from what, their product was made from if no one tells them?

Not saying the manufacturer outright lies, but what if they just don’t specify on the packaging and the retail seller has zero idea. It is very common for retailers to lack manufacturing knowledge about the products they offer.

Can customers tell the difference when someone tells them, but is dishonest?

I don’t think people will be able to tell if they are using good materials to make them.

If it tastes good, and the experience is positive, do you think customers will refuse your product a second time once they learn the product in it was acquired from a different process?

With hype and misinformation maybe. Without all that social pressure, I’d be inclined to say they would choose what they were happy with and care little about the processes by which they were acquired as long as they are safe. If we were discussing synthesis the safe thing would really matter, but we’re not so it doesn’t.

So now we are saying the severed buds from the root ball are still alive. This is good.

That’s like saying I took the cola off a plant and since that plant is still growing. The cola alive…… :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Can you grow a new plant by putting the end of a bud stem in a medium and treating it appropriately? Nice botanist discussion.

Might be hard without hormones.

1 Like

What? Lmao

But you could do it? I wonder how long it could be off the branch.

I doubt without leaves.

2 Likes

It’s hard to root things that are in flower

I grow tons of veggies and plants by simply putting a cutting in water and leaving it in a sunny window

2 Likes

That would then be dead right? If I can get it to grow again it’s alive if I can’t it’s dead when we’re talking plants right?

Are we talking weed plants. Of course you can take a “living” plant and put a part in water and have it regenerate.

Do you do it while it’s frozen?? Are we talking the flower??

Everything is alive bro. Feel the vibrations.

5 Likes

I’m not a botanist. This is why I skip this conversation and am inclined to agree with @pangea that the term live resin is probably not the best term preferring the idea of using fresh frozen or cured to define them. This “is the plant alive” debate is defined by the “can it come back to life” thing I’d think, but that isn’t really the same subject we’re discussing here.

this thread is crazy :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I could go into my freezer and find some fresh frozen that hasn’t been bucked and deleafed properly. That right there is alive . I’m sure you could generate some roots with the right conditions.

2 Likes

Well if you’re gonna accept mislabeling for one thing. Mine as well accept mislabeling for it all.