Live resin carts

They way I do it, each batch takes about 2 months. If you whip it right after you pour it, usually the remaining thc crystals fall out but to be certain let it sit for a week after the first pour, then Whip it again, then filter it. Now you can fill carts or if you want to be absolutely certain of no crystals let it sit another week

2 Likes

Are you letting it sit in pyrex or a jar? In oven?

Have you ever had a burning taste when using live resin for carts? I did some last week-end and the taste is not there, Iā€™m using real CCELL carts. 100% HTE and it taste like burn, when I dab the same HTE it taste like heaven.

4 Likes

When they get hot they will taste like Simpson oil, but some strains you can keep hitting and it will taste good again. If it doesnā€™t taste good on the first hit then something is up. Most obvious thing would be the vape is set too high, other than that, if thereā€™s fats, lipids, or trace amounts of water it will taste like Simpson oilh

2 Likes

Iā€™m letting it sit in sealed mason jars at room temp. No oven

1 Like

Just using the terp fraction when making diamonds?

I am using a Silo battery from CCELL, no fat and no lipid, my HTE is pretty viscous and taste amazing, but not in carts, I even try with a mod at like 3 watts, same thing taste is not there. I will have a video of my HTE for you to see later. Thanks for the help

4 Likes

Is it clear? Thatā€™s really weird. I run em at 8.4-9 watts. Like youā€™re saying, if they taste good dabbing they should taste good vaping. They seem to taste the best out of the ccell palms tho.

1 Like

Does it taste like burnt, or dies it taste like Simpson oil?

1 Like

its likely your battery temperatureā€¦ get a battery that has a lower heat setting for hte and rosin carts to make sure youre not toasting those monoterpsenes

3 Likes

I fill the carts with terp fraction. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s what youā€™re asking.

1 Like

Burnt, I know what you mean by RSO taste, I am used to do dist + canna terp cartridges, I never have that problem before for my normal carts.

1 Like

I have a SCILOGEX stirrer, I do nothing above 140F to avoid that. I am actually doing Co2 terps carts and Hemp terps carts and they taste amazing, my only problem is with HTE. I even put some in a carts without the heating (it was a bit a mess), same burnt taste. I will try another batt like you said.

3 Likes

Man I dunno usually burnt taste is the heating coil inside the cart. But seems like youā€™ve triple checked that. I dunno what to tell you

1 Like

Iā€™ve only tasted burnt when my adjustable vape got turned up in my pocket and I didnā€™t notice. Then, the whole carts burnt.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still thrown off by yours not tasting well. What about using more dusty to HTE. Not so much 50/50. See if you can get it closer to 70/30 and see if that changes the profile.

3 Likes

Yeah thats what i was wonderingā€¦ I dad my terp fraction on my quarts nail and it tatstes great. But have a lot of aroma. I wonder how it will taste in carts. (Still have never tried to make a live resin cart)

Dab*ā€¦

2 Likes

Dabs always have a more full flavor, but really good live resin carts are close.

1 Like

Do the C cells and other carts vaporized hot enough to decarb the live resin?

1 Like