Live resin carts

Everyone seems to be making liquid live resin carts now days. How is everyone making them? Have heard some companies using distillate with HTE. Any info would be great.

6 Likes

We have been selling live resin carts for some time. The market has been slow to recognize them. Now many people are calling carts live resin that are not. Words matter, and live resin is the process of extracting from fresh plant material without adding anything, period! We have seen companies market products as live resin that are clearly not. Adding HTE to distillate is not live resin, period. Even if the HTE is. Let’s establish some rules around words and stick to them.

40 Likes

Just wondering, do you mean to say that decarbed crystals of THCA is different than distillate? Believe me, I’m all for nomenclature, but, as far as molecular composition goes, THC is THC. The HTE is the thing that fesh frozen is especially good for, keeping all those monoterpenes.

What would you say is the difference with your product?

14 Likes

I completely agree. There is a lot of false information out there about these “live resin carts”. Im just interested in how to make them. I have tried a few different companies “live resin carts” and love the taste.

I with I owned a planetary centrifuge too man.

But the rest of us can get by using hemp terps and distilate. I hope that makes people mad. You bet your ass Im gonna label them liquid live resin :joy::joy::joy::joy: it was alive at some point

10 Likes

Newby here.

There seem to be a number of variations, all of course freezing or (better) flash freezing flower, sometimes also freezing the column and placing the butane in a dry-ice/ethanol bath. It will still need to be purged, so I’m curious on how that is handled. I spoke to one leading BHO extraction expert just today and he was claiming zero butane in their product, so it required no purging. Will be visiting their lab next week to verify just how.

After that, I assume, it is ethanol distilled for carts, but don’t know much beyond that. It may be that they are taken down to a terp sauce level and those terps are then re-introduced, but a species fractionation might be used via simple separation. With very little purging with a vacuum and a little gentle heat, that just might be the ticket. When these type of high terpene extracts then sit for days, they’ll separate into a terpene fraction and a re-crystalized part.

1 Like

That would be a bit disingenuous and misleading to do that.

5 Likes

Please explain what a live resin cart would be in real life if not cannabis terps reintroduced to distilate. Its misleading if I call it a different strain name, but people have been doing that to purple punch for centuries.

Does it matter if it isn’t harmful? Who is being hurt? The customer, or the guys selling burgandy/brown sauce for 60 dollars a gram :joy::joy::joy: cause Ill hurt those guys all day

6 Likes

I know a company in oregon that claims that their live resin carts contain 0 distillate in them.

1 Like

A lot of the live resin carts in CO have zero distillate in them or they will say most of the time, if they use 100% uncut live resin. Green dot supposedly does a -90 butane extraction for their live resin pens.

5 Likes

If a cart has any distillate in it then it is not a live resin cart.
Thinwolf has it correct.

12 Likes

I do a PHO extraction then seperate via Butane so I have better terpene retention. If you do it cold enough you shouldn’t have too much THCa in your terpene fraction.

4 Likes

How are you fighting crystallisation in a cartridge with > 70% thca?

10 Likes

Live resin cart and dab applicator made from fresh frozen with no additives. I do see tiny crystals using a bright light but they vape down to nothing.

10 Likes

Look tasty, only live resin? I think I am gonna give it a try, I did 70/30 last month, leave it in a sealed beaker for almost 2 weeks to see if there is recrystallisation, nothing happens.

1 Like

Yes no other additives. I use 40/40/20 and 50/25/25 gas.

3 Likes

If it has distillate in it, it’s not live resin. Live resin is made from fresh frozen plant material and should taste very similar to how the plant smells when it’s alive. When I make it, it is never heated above 90-95 degrees. Let it saturate, let it sit, pour it, let it sit again, filter with a 25 micron screen, fill carts.

9 Likes

Nice man. I want to learn how to get live resin into carts. Never played around with it so wanting to do some r&d. Any info you could help me out with?

That’s what i thought. I know a few companies have just live resin in their carts. But i know others are mixing distillate with terps that they separate when making diamonds. Im just curious on how to make a real live resin pen tops.

I call those HTE carts. But that’s what they go as in this market. HTE and disty.

7 Likes