Live resin carts

impossible? no.
better if you separate and decarb ONLY the THCA fraction? absolutely.

if you’re heating terpenes in O2 they WILL degrade.

1 Like

yes it can

How efficiently, do you have some idea? if we had a cart with 15%THCa in it, what % would actually be vaporized as THCa? Just wondering

1 Like

None of it. As you are vaporizing the cannabinoids, all your acidic ones such as THCa will be decarboxylating instantaneously between 120 and 140 C before they actually vaporize.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but technically all acidic cannabinoids such as THCa cannot vaporize because decarboxylation would occur first, thus changing the molecule and its properties.

1 Like

Maybe ask for sources on this statement?

Certainly seen acidic cannabinoids on wiper derived distillate COAs…those could be due to splashing…suppose those in reclaimed could also be claimed as such?

2 Likes

Not really much to share besides my best guess was it was splash/carryover. I dont think its hard to imagine some extract taking a ride through a rig and not decarbing a 100%.

I couldnt tell you the potency as it was so long ago, but i do know we had a small peak for thca.

3 Likes

So some reclaim you find on a rig does actually test for THCa? Or is it just THC?

I’m just curious to know now that I’ve been pondering it, if acidic cannabinoids can vaporize without decarboxylating

THCA

I’m not saying the THCA vaporizes but it at least goes along the vapor path with the other vapor. This could be carried by other vapor or maybe it was vapor itself. I cannot answer that question with any certainty.

2 Likes

Well as per @cyclopath suggestion, I will continue down this rabbit hole until I find some sort of literature

1 Like

The published work I’ve seen analyzing the vapor have used GC…(so it could be done in line).

Maybe: Smokenol patent. What is it? was smoke and LC?

@406_Chemabis maybe:Teaching an hplc to smoke dope?

I’ve taken big ol dab of pure thca outside on a snowy day with a cold rig and it recrystallized all the way up the rig and into my mouth

Yea I dont know about that one chief.

2 Likes

Try it. Or dont. Happened to me on multiple occasions

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/!vapor decarb|690x406

This study compared the efficiency of different flower vaporizers. The collected the vapor produced and analyzed it. They found 12% of the total THC in one of the vapor residues to be THCa.

2 Likes

Looks like Live resin already replaced Delta 8 to become the main market trend. Last year most of our clients bought our vape to fill with Delta8, but most clients mention live resin this year.

Is live resin cheaper than Delta8?

No. most customers are still getting D8. manufacturers are simply lying to the customers. Even the ones advertising “D8 live resin”.

I haven’t dabbed straight thca in that scenario. But I most def have dabbed some lower terpene, higher thca concentrate on the cold plenty of times while snowboarding. I personally haven’t had it happen. Not saying it isn’t possible, just hasn’t happened to me.

1 Like

You huffing pine resin again?

3 Likes

Oh Lol, thank you for telling me to know!

Or hcc as well I think since that’s coming at shiploads to the eu at the moment