Liquid diamonds is just distillate, change my mind

No so much anecdotal “diamonds are more clear/pure” ignoring all that it takes to get that level of clarity/purity.

And yes josh, I prefer raw thc generally but I remove the a from it by myself and don’t have someone struggling with the math to get the correct formulation. I like the purity, there is no full spectrum of the cannabis plant in a single isolated compound.

No offense, but I’m not sure I follow what you’re saying here man.

Am I Josh? And ignoring what?

7 Likes

What form of THCA can’t crystallize? I guess that would be a new product to me.
These “liquid diamonds” over here are just decarboxylated THCA. They are usually 98-99% THC.

So I guess the difference would be purity of just the THC, not the cannabinoids…? liquid diamonds are pure THC, while traditional THC distillate usually contains some minors.

1 Like

Take thc-a and mix it thoroughly with
A basic water solution this will deprotonate the thc-a cooh form to thc-a coo- Wich is a bitch to crystelize

2 Likes

Huh… This is the first I’m hearing this… but I am not a real chemist by any means lol.
How do you usually mix THCA with a water solution? it’s oil soluble.

1 Like

I’ve heard of this, always wondered how deprotonated THCa would work in a cart. I’ve had some high THCa carts that freeze up and don’t flow but don’t crash either.

1 Like

Argg level up darnit

So make basic water ph 12 should be enough potasium hydroxide or natrium hydroxide
Dissolve thc-a in a alkane pentane hexane or heptane and mix thoroughly
This will deprotonate your thc-a rinse with cleane water dry with a drying agent like magnesium sulfate
Evaporate solvent off and that’s it

14 Likes

If that’s what they’re calling melted diamonds when it won’t crystallize to begin with then it’s just deceptive marketing. I would assume you would need to dissolve the thca in something so it’s not a powder.

you’re a badass

How is decarbing in the short path?

Fine, just like decarbing in any other vessel. You have a stir bar and whatnot to keep stuff moving once it liquifies, it’s already set up for deep vacuum, and I have plenty of cold traps to catch residual terpenes. Loading can be a bit more difficult so I powderize the isolate real good. They’re not goin in like this, that’s for sure!

But that said, I’ve upgraded. Doing it all in a double jacketed reactor. Don’t notice any difference really, just easier to load/unload.

5 Likes

They dont look, taste, or test the same.

1 Like

I do and it works better than anything else I have.

If your disty is water clear 97-98% d9 and 99% total cannabinoids then they should be identical.

11 Likes

Beautiful work

2 Likes

This is the new hotness, I still make regular crude disty but only for topicals/edibles just cause it’s quick and easy. All vapes use crystallate now it’s just so much better/cleaner. Plus if the material is even halfway decent you’re just throwing terps away otherwise running ethanol crude.

2 Likes

@Pupparoo isnt marketing fun!

3 Likes

can you make it blue and call it jizztilate?

1 Like

Only person I know that would be interested in that is Extractionguy :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

I thought all the ladies wanted your special suace

You only have an extraction guy that wants it?

1 Like

What can I say the dude is just a CREEP :flushed:

1 Like