Liquid diamonds is just distillate, change my mind

I guess that was kind of my point, I have tried some and there was zero difference in taste or effect.

Almost makes you wonder if companies are doing this because they truly believe liquid diamonds are a superior product to distillate, or if they just have dirty starting material and cannot get passable distillate without numerous water washes. I know a few processors who crystalize when they know beforehand the flower is hot.

1 Like

People are crystalizing because its less steps than going to distillate, its a higher purity too. Distillate is for decarbed material that wont crystalize, or cleaning up your “waste” stream.

price for thca isolate is higher than 95% distillate and there is 13% more volume, distillate will never be the superior product or choice.

19 Likes

Not to mention losses and degredation in process.

You’ll probably get 30-70% more yield off your base material going to diamonds and separated terpene layer rather than throwing it all into distillate.

3 Likes

When a market is so saturated, it is to only be expected, that people wanna differentiate themselves. I think it’s neat, although, kind of silly, but I also make diamonds irregularly, so it wouldn’t make much sense in my model.

But I tend to agree, so, you’re gonna say CBD-D9 is the same as single solvent extracted? They both have terps, they both have THC, usually when presented. Why are they not the same?

At face value the same, once digging through minutiae details, there’s gonna be those subtle nuances that characterize the variation.

Why I fell in love with single solvent solutions and suspensions as a means of extraction. It’s the most accurate snapshot (I feel) of what the plant represents itself as, once you start taking pictures of pictures, you start to lose the finer detail.

5 Likes

Its seems like is basically negligible if you are going for the top quality by adding good HTE.

also as @analyte shared the good ol discussion.

4 Likes

so crystallization always just crystallizes the one prominent cannabinoid? do non prominent cannabinoids stay in solution ?

In general yes.

You usually need the oleoresin to be minimum 65% of a single cannabinoid…

Although I’d imagine some scenarios where a CBD//CBG crystal would co-crystalize.

4 Likes

It’s just a term people are trying to use to convince you it’s better than distillate. It’s all delta 9 THC. While the processes that create them are different (crashing diamonds vs distilling), the end product is the same. The only difference would be if you had a shitty short path or wipe film operator and your distillate still had azulene or residue in it. If you have a solid person making your distillate, you shouldn’t be able to tell the difference by taste.

Hardly…

D9thc is d9thc I agree
D9thc Distillate is just that. Not pure or Isolate.
D9thc Isolate is just that.

Why is the word Isolate difficult to comprehend?

Isolating d9thca and melting ≠ Distillate

If it wasn’t distilled… it ain’t disty

8 Likes

I personally think raw diamonds decarbed has slightly better flavor when the hte is added back…but I also will load some hte up in pen nothing else added bc taste so good and burn it down

7 Likes

Raw diamonds decarb no matter what before inhalation. But I imagine the experience is different slightly from having to melt and then vaporize vs just vaporize.

3 Likes

Reclaim will even have some melted but not decarbed thca in it too.

1 Like

Liquid thca is possible :wink: definitely maybe.

The difference between liquid diamonds and distillate is the disty will have about 5-8% of unknown compounds in it, However, Liquid diamonds (when done properly), will have very little unknowns, like less than 1%.

Some folks can taste it, others cant, some ppl have sensitive lungs while others can smash it and be fine.

I’ll tell ya 1st hand … my dudes…Its a crying shame to melt diamonds but I do it for the money :money_mouth_face:

10 Likes

Has anyone distilled thca? Hands down the best mixed back with canna terps!!!
Wouldn’t distilled thca be distillate?

1 Like

8 Likes

What method is used to “distill” the acid and keep its carboxyl group intact ?

COOH ?

1 Like

distillation requires vapor state, so you’d need a way to vaporize the THCA and not decarb it.

I get a little THCA carryover in my wiped film disty, but never more than 3-4%

1 Like

It seems my wording was taken wrong. During distillation it would be turned to vapor causing the acidic group to break off. I was just trying to prove d9thc isolate could in fact be distillate. I don’t know about the rest of you, but if I had a choice to smoke thca that was distilled over thca that was just decarbed. I’d choose the stuff that was still distilled

How does one have thca carry over on a wiper? It should have long been decarbed before touching a wiper

1 Like