Liposomal Dehydration for use with THC

Has anyone used any type of liposomal dehydration for use in fast acting edibles that bypass the liver?

Is this not basically what every “water soluble powder” cannabinoid is?

2 Likes

This is a misnomer for nano-emulsification. Liposomes are encapsulated water soluble bio actives (vitamin C, glutathione etc.) were the purpose is to deliver more than your gut can absorb (vit. C) or overcome the degradative environment of your stomach/intestines for sensitive compounds (glutathione kind of).
Nano emulsions are delivery mechanisms for lipophilic bio actives that may be encapsulated for these reasons, but their purpose (in our case at least) is to improve poor uptake due to mixed micelle formation.

The key difference is that liposomes have water on their inside while emulsions have oil in their inside. Not to say that they couldn’t have a nano-emulsion droplet inside a liposome, but I’m not sure if it would change how it’s metabolized.

I’m not trying to split hairs either, but there is a lot of confusion as the terms are used interchangeably. Also, the marketing material for both of those companies is vague and uses terms like ‘molecular association’ which is not a thing. Bruh, its called mixing.

3 Likes

So who got the the sop on how to mid some thc distillate with a lipid and then mix with a binding agent

Nano in the search bar should do you some good.

1 Like

Spray dyers using enulsifiers look like a good start

So a reverse emulsion is a liposome? That doesn’t sound right. I guess if it’s made with a lipid.

Typically aren’t liposomes extruded?

Close. Substitute micelle for emulsion. An emulsion contains micelles.

What Are The Differences Between Liposomes And Micelles?

Liposomes are composed of a lipid bilayer separating an aqueous internal compartment from the bulk aqueous phase. Micelles are closed lipid monolayers with a fatty acid core and polar surface, or polar core with fatty acids on the surface (inverted micelle). What Are The Differences Between Liposomes And Micelles? | Avanti Polar Lipids

3 Likes

Some of the shit that previously stuck to the noodle has flown the coop over the years. I try my best to gracefully reabsorb what I can.