Level 4 Elections: Part 2/2 - Official

Agreed, moderating here is not a simple task, and putting a shit ton of work on sidco every 6 months with a whole new group of mods doesn’t seem fair.

Once a year doesn’t seem crazy though, and we could likely build a template to standardise the transition

5 Likes

Electoral collage, congress or senate

I’m sure there would be several hold-overs every election

I don’t see guys like killa or dred not getting voted in religiously

2 Likes

I agree. But both of them will tell you the same thing @ky_cbd said. On boarding new mods is a PITA, the mod system is complex and has lots of little nuances that can easily break threads if not performed correctly

3 Likes

Yes I am so not sure why @Future said all TL4 were voted in when one already said he wasn’t. For the record I def would not vote out @ky_cbd
Looks like about 1/2 were voted in from that pic Future posted unless I am missing something.

2 Likes

I’m not arguing with you there bud

yeah there was the original set and I think cyclopath was added later on then we started voting from there on

1 Like

Don’t remember the time line, but I’m pretty sure cyclo and sox were added by popular demand earlier than the elections, which brought on the additional 6?

4 Likes

yeah ur right

who was the originals… u and sidco?

Yes sidco and I are the original mods, along with sidco tech assistant who manages backend and some design work.

2 Likes

well I may complain a lil but I love this place and thank u and @sidco very much

4 Likes

@Future the problem w the voting is it becomes a popularity contest. not who spends a good amount time here reading which is what a TL4 should do to keep up w what needs to be moved and stop any fighting or things like that.

if you don’t have time to read you probably shouldn’t get the position

like @Killa12345 for instance that guy is everywhere here… a model of what TL4 should do. he knows everything going on just about bc he’s reading almost everything all the time

5 Likes

Are you suggesting a required monthly minimal read time for TL4s to keep they’re status

Because if you are I like it!

3 Likes

I’m mean wouldn’t it make sense ? otherwise how the hell are they doing their job

1 Like

How do you propose we keep track of that?

2 Likes

Take a look at killa’s stats and set the bar somewhere around there in terms of topics and posts read etc?

I agree, it’s a good sentiment but management wise a major pain in the ass if its not already built in to the platform.

The community knows who’s around and who isn’t, at least it should be for the Regulars. I think a regular voting schedule would keep the admin time down while allowing the community to ensure the moderators are active and valued by the community.

1 Like

Ya if we could automate the “Regular” status requirement for an elected mod, causing them to lose their mod privs if they fell out, which then fired up a replacement election, that’d be nifty.

I know people build 3rd party plugins for this platform (which is exactly where my expertise on that subject ends)

Not very confident any of that is possible, and would then further complicate the on boarding process

3 Likes

so I know I did what I need to do to bump my stats up to regular… how long does it take to effect

Looks like you, and others at your TL have access to some analytics. If the data is there, could probably whip up something to automate the process, comparing month over month read time or something like that.

@Future if you wanna go this route let me know, we can put something together

2 Likes