Let's Talk - Tolerance Breaks

I thought it would be nice to discuss the importance of taking tolerance breaks. Recently I’ve stopped dabbing and I’ve realized I feel a little more clear headed, I don’t feel blissed out, I’ve been sleeping better and I don’t wake up hyper agitated. I still smoke whole-leaf/biomass but I’ve been able to feel more energetic, I sleep better, I wake up happier and I’m all around more “there.”

I feel like I was dabbing too much and more recreationally as well as relying on the effects to keep me going and that’s not right. I think it’s important to keep in mind that it’s a concentrate and it should be treated as such if you are trying to dose it as a medication or even just going a little smaller if you’re using it recreationally.

I wasn’t really dosing or taking dabs that were near the same size and this caused a couple issues like needing to take more to feel the same as taking something that’s considered small and the effects lasted less and less in duration.

So please feel free to share your thoughts and views on the importance of tolerance breaks and the importance of safe dosing :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I go through weeks of dabs, then weeks of flower. I feel like it keeps both effects fresh to jump around. Gummies are a different story. If I get into the habit of eating those daily my levels get weird. Ill wake up stoned. Drink 4 loose leaf yerba mates to get sharp, then have a 10am panic attack followed by dabs. I’m on mate #2 now…

14 Likes

I like the waking up stoned thing from edibles. That’s why I plan on doing rso for 30 days starting today after I make it.

4 Likes

I take breaks while I’m sleeping. Does that count?
Lol

30 Likes

Yeah I do too. The only downfall is not being able to sleep when I stop. Usually takes a few days to get back to baseline.

2 Likes

I feel this 100%. Unfortunately I hate smoking flower, I hate everything about it, especially the fact that it makes you smell like shit after smoking weed. I try to take breaks from dabbing but it’s sooooo hard especially because I use it as motivation as well as an appetite stimulant. For me I feel like it’s really important to not start dabbing until 4-5 p.m. and make sure to get a solid workout or two in during the day to keep motivation going without dabbing. I take a 1:1 CBG-CBD tincture in the morning to keep some sort of cannabinoids rolling in my system until I start dabbing.

5 Likes

I’ve been considering the cherry wine hemp strain as a tinc for the morning until afternoons , glad to know some else is trying tincs till the afternoon.

Yeah I don’t like the fact the smell sticks to me either. That’s what used to mystify my doctors and my mom when it came to dabs, is that I didn’t look stoned and I didn’t smell like it.

1 Like

What dose CBG and Cbd works for your tincture?

Shameless self plug but we just released a 1:1 CBD-CBG tincture Buy CBD Oil Online | CBD Oil Tinctures for Sale | CBDistillery® I know it’s our product but I love it.

6 Likes

Can’t speak for @steelrollin but personally my daytime CBG-CBD dose was about 250mg CBD and 50mg CBG

Wow that is a hefty dose! I only take 83mg total which breaks down to 41.5mg of CBD and 41.5mg of CBG.

1 Like

Waiting longer after you wake to smoke helps tremendously. Before I stopped wake n’ baking I would feel pretty groggy throughout the day. Also raw distillate makes me a lot more jittery/anxious than bud.

Portioning dabs is important too. I could dab almost gram of distillate right now and be high af for a few hours but later it won’t be worth it when I cant get high again :sweat_smile: If I take a tbreak the tolerance comes right back after one or two smokes.

3 Likes

Exactly how it is for me. Not really worth the break. Imo

5 Likes

“everything in moderation”
If you do anything daily, chances are you shouldn’t, with the only exception being breathing.
Our bodies are seemingly designed to be a filter. Our form (homo-sapiens) as we know it now are roughly 200,000 years old, and forms like us (homo) are 200,000-2million years old. Our bodies have become really freaking good at filtering all the things around us. Too much of anything will clog / damage ‘the filter’ that is your mind/body.

For 99% of born healthy people a little bit of ‘this or that’ shouldn’t hurt. Dabs are completely new as we know it, along with a lot of shit manufactured on this planet, so are things like cocaine and distilled alcohol ie concentrations of a naturally occurring substance. Who the heck knows the long term consequence of all this crap us humans have come up with?

I personally think there should be a voluntary 1-200 year lag for new drugs / intakes of any kind. If every single person took X substance and it turns out our kids kids kids balls go missing because of some systemic anomaly we’d be toast. I am convince humanity is gonna mass kill itself before some “great filter” gets us.

We are but newborns on the timescale of humanity. Best take it slow and learn to crawl before we get to runnin.

13 Likes

I dab and smoke oil 100% of my waking hours. I’m not usually “high” either. I run heavy rotating equipment that can wind me up and kill me, and teach the trade to apprentices, all while smoking oil. I dont want it to get me super high, so my tolerance is in my favor.

I’m kinda like that grumpy old tradesman that drinks 50/50 whiskey/coffee all day and no one says shit. Except I’m in my mid 30s and I dont drink alcohol.

When I take a break, my tolerance goes down more slowly than it goes back up. Therefore I find it an ineffective use of my efforts.

Lastly, I will say I am not a normal human and things effect everyone differently. My ADD and dyslexia play a part my application of cannabinoids.

18 Likes

“Interestingly, endocannabinoids are present in breast milk”

These receptors are highly tied with our psychiatric health.
We have no idea what taking these receptors to extremes will do. I am excited to see it all happen though.

8 Likes

i’ve dealt with many many many concentrate smokers, and after a while heavy smokers develop this speech slurr,

1 Like

Lol…

1 Like

i need a tolerance break. Really the only thing that is getting me high these days is a blunt with a full gram of distillate and eating about 500mg of thc. Even dabbing is losing its luster a bit this month, ive had some serious gas for the last few months that made my tolerance threw the roof…now its taking a boat load to take me to the promise land.

Ive been switching between about 5x different strains of diamonds and badder and the flower and distillate is the only thing that getting me high enough to be like “fuck im high” status!

7 Likes

A supplement of N , N -Dimethyltryptamine would likely do the trick.

serotonin receptors are another thing we know very little about.

7 Likes