Lets set D8 straight

I’ve got citric acid (lab grade), pTSA mono, poly phosphoric, and T-41 with all solvents needed for each.

Pick one, @Roguelab

I offered the nasty T-41 but I like where this is headed. Just took a level headed person like yourself to cut through the bullshit and get us organized :facepunch:t3:

Edit: SAVE MY GLASSWARE!!!

13 Likes

Im sure this can be looked at for → d9 conversions as well no?

3 Likes

One thing atta time :wink:

5 Likes

I think to make this really work you need to get the right sops for each catalyst as some might need different parameters than others.

6 Likes

Flasks with condensers vs reactors.

Inert vs atmospheric

Anhydrous vs wet

Yeah… agree

4 Likes

I think a standardized approach to producing d8 generated by the community is a great idea. This is an opportunity to correct any poor lab practices for lurkers and members alike. Ultimately the burden of quality control rests with producers though, and many are motivated purely by profit. The wide spread use of technical grade reagents for synthesis is a problem that we may not be able to correct with a standardized SOP, as is running blind with no analytics whatsoever. Until these issues in the d8 market are somehow corrected I think the contaminated cart situation can only get worse. Stay safe everyone.

4 Likes

Maybe throw up a vote on the sop once the right catalyst is chosen.

It would really good to know what each person catalyst votes for puts out.

Like what are you producing right now… like ptsa mono 88d8/10d9.

Just cause a lot of people might use a certain catalyst don’t mean it’s the best starting point for the conversion

5 Likes

I say run em all. Let the ones who specialize in each one get together and share notes and ideas then run em.

Like teams.

8 Likes

Also… all solvents and acids all from the same manufacturer.

EVERYTHING MATCHES.

Takes out all the variables

8 Likes

Then everyone should be running similar setup too but that’s not really possible.

1 Like

We are technically the counter terrorism squad of the forumn according to @Killa12345

We could also demonstrate some of the issues that can arise from common malpractice ie overheating, not following protocol etc if we wanted to go that far.

Let fackin dance fellas.

Edit- foul mouf

8 Likes

Easy tigers glad Some if you are exited
As for labgrade or technical grade
Once we have results of our raw rxn
We can start working on that
Most of the solvents we use can be cleaned to high purity by simple means
One step att a time

8 Likes

True. Everyone’s running boiling flasks at least so that’s one thing.

Condensers are fairly cheap

We can all filter and water wash the same.

It’s the distillation that’ll be hard to replicate

1 Like

So…

Distill and dry all solvents?

true-counter-terrorist_o_6977909

I’m buying everyone involved a set of walkie talkies.

16 Likes

Treu yet I have a hunch the most negative results are created in the rxn it self

1 Like

High temp and degradation for the wi…

I mean loss :joy:

That, and not lab grade materials…

1 Like

Can we also add chromatography to the discussion?

Who’s running pet:ether, cyclohexane:dcm, others? Which provides the cleanest separations? Which fractions?

Let’s get this to 99.9%

8 Likes

Now we are talking!!!

4 Likes

Yes it s to bad I have often had complains of reflux times needed when running cold
Or more off the mumbo jumbo steps I recomend but I am convinced we can seperate the men from the boys and that those working with passion will accept the outcome to be best for all

4 Likes