Let's see your set up!

hmm looks… Sanitary :grimacing:?

3 Likes

Full Sanitary, food grade cGMP compliant. All contact surfaces 304ss bead blasted construction. Closed loops system in a semi-outdoor setting. It is not the pharma lab environments that I’ve seen plenty of processors push to… but that is not how it’s done in the real world of large scale biomass to oils/flavoring production. I’ve been in numerous Pectin, Citrus, nutricuetical industrial processing plants and have never seen much different in principle. Maybe I could have waited a month to show you the final go-live environment ‘optic’ of epoxy flooring etc. Just thought I’d share works in progress.

18 Likes

I understand R&D – good luck!

I will add – not sure how floors or those brick walls with stuff already mounted to them and likely 60y/o lead paint will pass any health dept inspection for food processing, or any form of cGMP, but I’m sure you’ll get there!

2 Likes

very nice :ok_hand:

In the real world of construction u do all improvements before bolting the equipment to the floor and walls. Nice gear though

3 Likes

How do you like the px10?

It sux. That’s the short of it. Hence why we had to do so much for it to function the way it should. I no longer run any Precision machines. I’m now on a Bizzy Live Resin Hexapod system and love it!

6 Likes

Sheesh that’s disappointing to hear. Just got one in and waiting for the build out to finish so we can get approval and permitted. Any suggestions you can throw my way to make it run like it should? Lol

Filthy bro!

1 Like

Ya got a px1 that sucks

2 Likes

Ok the picture didn’t come out so well with filter. Here is a little vid. Agree they should have prepped the area before, and more… But we are where we are and they are playing catch-up.
We’ve had GMP consultants and Regs people in. No real concerns. This is closed loop crude production. They have their labs in the building with their sanitized C1D1 areas for distilate, isolate and formulations. $65k epoxy floors etc, you name it. Here’s a better vid. https://www.instagram.com/p/CB_U8oThzZb/?igshid=mpzp5wdv7itq

3 Likes

Rowan over here writing the code to get to Mars for Elon

2 Likes

28 Likes

The air hose idea is cool. How are you fitting those quick connects? Some sort of hose barb to NPT?

1 Like

I used these specifically, they leak a little bit at low pressure, but otherwise work like a dream. Then 3/8npt to 3/8 barb

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Care-3-8-in-Male-Quick-Connect-x-Female-NPT-Kit-for-Pressure-Washer-AP31037B/100664031?mtc=Shopping-B-F_D28I-G-D28I-28_31_PRESSURE_WASHER-MULTI-NA-Feed-LIA-NA-NA-BASE_SHP&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_D28I-G-D28I-28_31_PRESSURE_WASHER-MULTI-NA-Feed-LIA-NA-NA-BASE_SHP-71700000052573955-58700005047985626-92700044109587836&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoub3BRC6ARIsABGhnyYb5amPTQnWI9Q3119bK322-95SkwoKipOU8rdT9vrh_Giyx9nxQLsaAg5XEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not sure if this one needs explaining but I will anyways. I was also sure to only put male ends on all my columns so I don’t have any issues with female quick connects freezing up at DI temps

2 Likes

Yea. Make it passive. The GC5000 pump sux! They just aren’t very well designed machines overall. They are designed by engineers that dont know the first damn thing about extracting and it is obvious after you run one for about a week. The X10 comes with a 35-40lb solvent tank… not anywhere close to enuf solvent. Why we had to add a secondary solvent tank just to get the correct volume of solvent to wash over the material. So in short, get a bigger solvent tank and run it passive and you’ll “like” it alot better than how they designed it to run!

3 Likes

Same here First thing i had to do to a px1, they just make no sense, definitely made on paper not from turning valves

1 Like

I have a gc5000 and it’s awesome I’m getting about 2lbs a min but that’s on my own build…on a Presicion machine… yea I would think Itd suck too lol same thing with ets or purge labs or bhogart or (especially) anion or any of these companiesreally, like “great” on paper but poor to piss poor execution

2 Likes

Got the floors done this week, now to wall off the blasting room and run electric to it this week
Ill probably spilt this off into its own thread now that I’m thinking about it

24 Likes

What company did you get that building from? Does it come pre fabbed with the sheeting and tou just have to plumb and square it.

1 Like