Let's see your set up!

87 Likes

:point_up:

22 Likes

I’m jealous, my icarus dreams to be like yours one day @drake

8 Likes

@Apothecary36 for the win

10 Likes

Are you still extracting without washing your solvent?

3 Likes

come on bro. You know he doesn’t distill any gas. Lmao. You know That concentrate tastes better with heavy hydrocarbons mixed in.

They pass cat 3 testing and his first run should be where most of the impurities lie. After that if he’s recovering low. Then essentially after the first run it’s distilled.

12 Likes

Guess i gotta take some pictures

3 Likes

I used to run very similar to this, but instead of tubes i had 2. Of the 30lb atlas columns from purge labs

3 Likes

Yes sir, the two coolers are recovery tanks and the 1 # rig is the test rig.

5 Likes

Funny you would ask that. Same way we did it when you where so you already know. The state says my ways are good enough for them.

7 Likes

It wouldn’t be residual solvents, so… But hey, there’s been tons of research on the harmful effects of the “mystery oils” left in unwashed solvent. The d00d @SkyHighLer did an obnoxious amount of research on this and has/had the papers to prove it. One of the other members in here has them now.

but as long as you can charge more for it

And I wasn’t condoning it while I was there. And I did say that solvent has to be washed. If you think that it’s ok and you don’t care about the health of others. That’s all good.

15 Likes

+1
Your right residual solvents have nothing to do with mystery oil. I have washed BVV U.S. solvent and EGI 50lb tanks and both had very little but visual amounts of mystery oil.

5 Likes

I wash mine multiple times…

1st wash

2nd wash

3rd wash

And I keep going until there is nothing left. This is a “medical” product and I won’t purposely poisoning people, especially ones with compromised immune systems.

100 Likes

Wooo! Setting the standard high; i like it! (@Dred_pirate)

8 Likes

Wow I would not have guessed so much would be left behind after the 1st wash. Gonna try washing mine a 2nd time next time I order new gas and see if I see anything. Thanks for the pics.

7 Likes

This isn’t the only thing i worry about. As an owner i have to look at the big picture and the overhead. I have my cost of producing 1g of concentrate down to $5. Thats including two $15 an hour employees that i can have distill solvent all day or wash my truck. Its my choice what i have them do since i cut the checks. Right now I’m not distilling my solvent and still pass CAT lll here in California which is my only concern atm.

Edit: Looked over my notes and my $5 a g cost is with two $20hr employees not $15.

9 Likes

The OP wanted to see the communities rigs so let’s get back to the show.

14 Likes

So, horizontal vs vertical reconvert (evap) chambers, pros and cons? I’ve seen both a lot and curious about everyone’s experience and feedback on recovery times etc

2 Likes

Horizontal has more evaporation surface area

4 Likes

@Apothecary36 my throughts excatly, but the horizontal have more surface contact with the heat… probably best to have thin layer for quicker heating and less mass for the evap process to move through.

5 Likes