Let’s talk silica

Any other comprable silicic acids to test out on the market?

4 Likes

I used Aptus fasilitor with good results for a few years.

But for what you pay vs using the silica (albeit a different kind) I posted above, the difference isn’t worth it imo. (At least based on my observations)

Maybe power si is way better than fasilitor and is worth the price difference. I haven’t used it before…

Alchemist Stout MSA.
I’m 2 weeks in to tests

4 Likes

Nah there all between 1 and 3% osa. It’s all marketing. I’m about to take a stab at making it been doing a shit ton of research into silica lately.

6 Likes

Who has 3%? Power Si is at 1.70% and stout is at 1.25%.

1 Like

So use a bit more? It’s worth the savings?!

I’m looking for the 3% I forget who had it… maybe it was a health supplement come to think of it…

3 Likes

Everything I have seen is between 1-2%

But I haven’t really dug.

1 Like

I use an osa for foliar and am sticking with agsil for the drench. AgTonik agt-50 plays nice with both ime.

5 Likes

There has to be a reason they are at their price point at 1.70%. Maybe the extras?

1 Like

Really dawg? Cmon it’s starts with an m and ends in ass fuck…

5 Likes

Agsil really is the most potent silica hands down and the only kind of si the plants uptaking is osa so… agsil all day imvho

4 Likes

GG Mono is 40%

3 Likes

Gg? @WhereAreTheStones

4 Likes

Grow Genius

4 Likes

I’ve seen crazy results with mills. But it is crazy expensive also

1 Like

Agsil is what I used all summer. I also used the recycle sil a bunch (and have done indoor grows with only it). I really like the recycle sil for foliars (despite it not being as good of an elmusifier as agsil).

1 Like

Crazy. I’m gonna look into it now more thanks @WhereAreTheStones I’d seen it before but always passed over it. Looks like a more complicated formula than some others I’ve read about. Cooool!!

Do u use it @WhereAreTheStones? What do you like for silica bud? HNY!

1 Like

My buddy just started running it and is seeing great results.

I’m currently running Power Si along with Athena Balance (potassium silicate). I plan on running a side by side before making the switch. I’ll make sure to keep you guys updated!

5 Likes

I just picked up some of that Recycle-sil or whatever @Hansel linked. $26 bucks after shipping for .5 pound.

3 Likes

If you guys have a bag of Agsil16 needing to be used, here’s an easy mixing ratio just like Pro-Tekt:

7.8% silica
140 grams Agsil16H and 32 oz water
560 grams Agsil 16H and top up to 1 gallon

8 Likes