Let’s chop Tek

I have some questions for the famalam

What recovery temps do you guys/girls recover at?

Does the oil/terps get affected by high temps or does the butane prevent it from overheating? If so how do you know?

How often do you refresh your molecular sieve?

Let’s begin there.

4 Likes

95 on the water heater, shit off anout 15-25 mins beforw finishing recovering and change beads weekly no exceptions on all 3 sieves. Water heater had about 20ft of pipe and ends up being 85-90 at the jacket, running pure propane

150 here till most the solvent is reduced. Kill the heat after 80% or so is evaporated.

Because phase changes
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-physics/chapter/phase-changes/

7 Likes

Depending on end goal 80-160.

I agree with you here. We can speed up recovery going hotter as long as we cut the heat at the end to allow the recovery to quickly cool the pot down

5 Likes

Change the beads as in put in new ones or bake to regenerate?

Empty the night before and bake to regenerate, i find i get less dust. I run 1 micron screens on them. I wash all my beads before i ever use them to get as much dust off as possible and find with regenerating them i get less dust ever ery timeZ i make all my employees pour them in slow and i weight before and after they’ve been baked over night under vac

4 Likes

i never refresh it, just buy it by the 55ga drum its stupid cheap

4 Likes

When you bake do you see any water in your oven?

No maybe once a yr, i have 2 shipping. Containers that i dry at in stages so by the time it ready for the workers to pack the socks it about bone dry. I use the carbon chemistry beads, has the least sr amount of dust compared ro the barrels like i use to buy. Weighing going in and going out helps km always with inna few grams. Then once a month tank is emptied into the system to be cleaned and see if any water

When I bake b80 it drops so much water. Why are we not using it as our desiccant? Flow restriction? The clay can hold so much water we only need a small cake and increasing diameter will speed up the flow.

I use open jacket solvent tanks and I always see ice bits inside when the solvent tank is cold so that tells me the mol sieve we currently use is not the right application. In order to get some results I would have to make a huge mol sieve

Any thoughts?

6 Likes

i really wanna ditch the beads and try @Tech1145 separator concept. maybe he can comment some more on the topic.

2 Likes

I use a 4x48 as a mol sieve.

What size is your current mol seive? I like to use a 3-4”x 36”

I’ve tried a few sizes but still don’t see any water bake off the beads and still see ice formations in the solvent tank when cold

1 Like

Like a coalescer?

What about terps? Do you guys see any in your solvent tank?

You havnt seen his post on it? Look for em he has a pic and explanation. I’ve been meaning to make one but havnt found the time yet…

I don’t have a site glass on my tank but I never have issues with moisture best I can tell.

I change my beads out daily and still have this, only running one 3x24" mol sieve column, When i heat and vac 5 days worth of sieves, i get water back enough to cover the door of the vac oven.

as for temps i usually run 40-50c until i get about 80%done