LED vs DLI315's

5 Likes

yeah man iā€™ve used them since my first grow. they work great. i just have my nutrient solution in a 5 gal and water hardlined straight to it.

1 Like

Jacks Nutrients and Dosatronā€™s, Iā€™ll never buy bottled nutrients again! Blue lab makes a good meter to use with Dosatronā€™s.

4 Likes

Sweet set up @Tribaltrichomes. I agree on the salts vs the salts mixed with water. I started using a company that was recomended called HGV and I am really liking it. I also picked up a calcium nitrate granular that comes with micro nutrients as well

. https://hgvnutes.com

2 Likes

Thinking about making me hidden grow room

But all I can afford to lose in this house is either move small walk in closet wall get like 3ā€™x4ā€™ (6.5ā€™tall) ā€¦lol or go under the house and start digging a basemtn.

So until Iā€™ll move the walk in closet wall to make bigger area

Now the question. For heat issue whatā€™s best
I want the biggest tightest buds.

Cmh conversion kit(just one 315 I gueaa) or
hlg quantum board w heatsink(not sure the size)

I want those rock hard dense buds like my co2 and 1000w hps gave me

1 Like

Iā€™d buy 4 boards for that, and use about the same wattage as the cmh if you go the led route.

1 Like

4 quantum boards? Why not the one big one?

Its literally probably gonna be 3x4 or 3x6

Iā€™m listening
ā€¦new to led and cmh

I just dont wanna lose my density

Is the stuff we smoke together that time from a quantum board?

Edit

My old hps stuff was ROCK hard compared

Not knockingā€¦just dont wanna lose density if I dint have to

I always forget about the plug and play 550. But I think if youā€™re not in a hurry, a lot of us go through alibaba.

1 Like

Have u seen cmh compared to led?

What kind led do u run

Yep, all the stuff Iā€™ve shared is from leds

1 Like

Rather dense then Iā€™m surprised. Not bad
ā€¦

But good lord my 1000watt hps made things I could hit u w and wake up tomorrow lol

But im going from full room.grow to hidden closet grow too

This has to be completely hidden and never seen

Quantum boards I hear are the shit

But man my old school self says get the 315 thatā€™s a new age hps

2 Likes

Mix of brideglux strips and hlg style boards.

Havenā€™t seen cmh side by side, buuut, you have some ceiling height, cmh might be a better option honestly. Canā€™t say one way or another.

I always have limited height for my grows, so leds are more tailored to my little tents

2 Likes

I edited above post

Ahhhhhh

So if Iā€™m limited to height is when led really can help

Iā€™ve seen nextlights stuffā€¦which is nothing but quantum boards a rep told ms. And holy shit dude ā€¦ biggest buds I ever seen. But the had boards everywhere

1 Like

Maybe? Iā€™m not sure minimum height for cmh.

@Demontrich, whatā€™s the lowest ceiling you can have for a cmh fixture would you say?

Those nextlights look neat, but are super pricey!

1 Like

They are just a quantum board w lil nicer stuff and warranty is why

(The rep said to buy hlg quantum board bc those are for green tax facilities nextlights) and quantum boards was same thing on budget but they claimed they built the first QB idk

1 Like

If you just wanna plug and play that is big enough, definitely get one of the hlg big boards. I donā€™t personally think the reds and blues are worth the extra cash though.

If you wanna save some dough and go led, get a couple alibaba boards. Still plug and play, pretty decent actually. But youā€™ll have two fixtures. Itā€™ll literally be half the cost of the hlg550

Either way, make get em so their dimmable.

Or go cmh haha.

1 Like

Whatever you guys need on HLG Iā€™m a factory direct dealer. Send me a pm or go to my site www.aeroponicgrowers.com and let me know what lights you want. The HLG 225 is the best thing hands down that beats a CMH 315 let me find my comparison video and I will post it. The HLG SABER 100 watt is great for long thin areas or vertical 2 of them work great and they are 4 feet long.

2 Likes

Here is the video HLG 225 Unboxing & CMH 315 Comparison - YouTube

2 Likes