LED vs DLI315's

@BG305 which 315 lamps did you go with? (I can’t load your picS in that last post) We have philips 942 for vegging, but need to re-lamp soon and might switch to the newer hortilux version (doesn’t block all the UV). I tested some others a few years ago, back then all the China knockoffs didn’t measure up re ppfd.

@J12 which concentration dosmatic is that, and what setting do you run? Looks like it’s just one sending a pre-mixed solution? I have a few of these about to put online.

1 Like

Feel free to post RR and cannabis.

5 Likes

I went with the Dutch Lighting Innovations 315 and some custom LED’s to do a side by side.

1 Like

Looks like DLI uses private label lamps, but no reference to the 315s on their site and not for sale separately. I’m keen to see how your LEDs compare.

2 Likes

https://dutchlightinginnovations.com/product/315w-lec-120-240v/

Give me a few and I will send you some pics of the bulbs.

I worked at a nursery greenhouse, mostly raising bedding plants like flowers and veggies, and they had a dosmatic in nearly every greenhouse, probably 25 dosmatics. Also worked for a hydroponic production greenhouse that was set up with a couple dosmatics. Never had a problem with a single unit. They are water driven, so no electronics needed. No clue if it is a hammer system, but you can hear them clicking away as they work. Here’s a link to their site:
https://hydrosystemsco.com/dosmatic/

At the nursery greenhouse, we would feed once a week, and just set a bucket of nute solution under the dosmatic, stick the hose in, and turn the water on. Then we would hand water with a hose and sprayer. The rest of the time, we would keep a bucket of sulfuric acid solution under the dosmatic. At the production greenhouse, we would mix a nute solution in one 55 gal drum, and a sulfuric acid solution in another drum. We irrigated once an hour, alternating with nutrients and ph’d water.

2 Likes

Sweet! Is that your’s? Looks beasty!

1 Like

I use the CDL agro 315s with the philips bulbs. there made in Colorado. i’ve had good results with them. the ones with the leds on the 315s are pretty sick. same company. For the dosmatic i use the super dos 20 at 50/1 ratio and have my own recipe of nutes that go together with my top coat for the soil.

3 Likes

Perfect, if its water driven then it’s a hammer system which is what I like. I’m going to look into those.
@kinnick-neck this is the box they come in.

1 Like

You running Jack’s or another powder and do you know if they have to PH dosing adapter?

Not much info for those lamps online, but interesting they use the Phillips model number 930 (flowering version with higher r/fr peaks than the bluer 942s). I don’t think Dosmatic makes a ph controller but several others available based on peristaltic pump, here’s the least $$ one I found: https://hydrobuilder.com/garden-care-pest-control/grow-room-meters-and-testing-supplies/nutrient-dosers/complete-nutrient-ph-dosing-kits/autopilot-digital-ph-controller.html

I also just found this by accident, might be handy for rolling out slabs?

1 Like

I have the blue lab PH dosers I run right now. I know that dosatron makes an attatchment to use them and implement PH adjusting.

1 Like

@J12 I just noticed the electrolysis gizmo on your doser board, is it hooked up? Can you tell a difference with/wo? Think I’m about to do some impulse shopping.

1 Like

How are you disributing the nutrient to the table? Is each of those lines with the valve going to a single table or multiple and how many plants/drip lines per table? Thanks a bunch my bro. :100:

I run my own recipe that was passed down to me and never ph anything. My system is just very dialed and I reuse the same soil every time. it just keeps getting better and better

6 Likes

the O2 grow? i tried it for awhile but saw no difference so i don’t use it anymore. the thing above it is a flow meter so i know how much each bed gets

2 Likes

the dosmatic works the same as that it’s just what cheaper.

2 Likes

That’s what I plan on doing with these four tables. I used ocean forest/coco/perlite, 60/20/20. I plan to just set 6x6 cubes on it and keep it moving.

2 Likes

I built everything in my grow. Tables, watering system, and watering grates. there is one grate per table and i do 4 plants per table and there 5x5s. each pipe has 8 heads that spray 360.Uploading: 60634E84-A06C-46D8-AA4E-CC93FB01AF2A.jpeg…

2 Likes

Got you, so you used a mini sprinkler system to wet all the medium. I am trying something similar. When the lights come on I will snap a pic.