Lecithin?

I have liquid soy lecithin. I have read the people recommend liquid sunflower lecithin. My question is there any difference between the two for how good they work. Or is the sunflower recomended because there are less additives.

Allergy considerations is probably why people recommend sunflower over soy.

5 Likes

Also soy lecithin taste a lot worse in eddibles imo

It’s real soy saucey

6 Likes

i just trying to make some kool aid. im just gonna try and make a batch and see how it works. ill order the sunflower, but can experiment with this one. thanks all.

Using soy lecithin will add estrogen to your formula, Sunflower lecithin will not.

6 Likes

In Kool-Aid/lean, you’re really going to taste the soy lecithin. We always use sunflower.

1 Like

i went to the health store, and all they had was powdered sunflower lecithin. will that work, or does it have to be liquid.

It requires less powdered than liquid due to the lower oil content but I forget the exact amount.

Powdered soy lecithin doesn’t contain the estrogen like compounds.

The granules and liquid soy lecithin has the estrogen like compounds.

Both taste horrid unless in super tiny amounts

Most people don’t realize that soy contains phytoestrogen which is the plant version of estrogen and much much weaker than regular estrogen. Phytoestrogens actually block estrogen receptors most of the time and work in the opposite fashion . Most studies done actually show health benefits in men and women. In certain circumstances they could have negative effects like anything . I personally don’t use or consume many soy products and am not advocating for their use just trying to make things more clear for people who have not spent time researching this particular subject

1 Like