Lecithin free pectin gummy SOP

I recently moved on to a new SOP so I am willing to share my previous one. This SOP can scale up or down to fit your needs. This was formulated for a high capacity depositor with an inline cooling tunnel.

This is a vegan gummy that DOES NOT require lecithin. It can remain liquid for up to 1 hour when proper heat is maintained. The amounts of flavorings and food coloring in section C can be easily modified and substituted to your needs for other flavors and colors.

BluRaz Bonanza Gummies SOP

(A) 73.2kg glucose syrup
(A) 55.6kg raw cane sugar
(A) target cannabinoid (up to 7,000g)

(B) 31.2kg water
(B) 5,280g Danisco Grindsted CF 130 B-S1 pectin
(B) 10,120g raw cane sugar

(C) 1,000g anhydrous citric acid
(C) 2,000g water
(C) 1,000g S&S Blue Raspberry flavoring
(C) 1,040g S&S Blueberry flavoring
(C) 800g S&S Pomegranate flavoring
(C) 440g S&S Fruit Punch flavoring
(C) 700g S&S bitter masking agent
(C) 700g FONA bitter masking agent
(C) 370g S&S Blue food coloring

Combine ingredients from section A in 200L/75gallon mixing vessel.
Heat and mix.

Combine ingredients from section B in mixing vessel, then homogenize. If you do not have a homogenizer, blend ingredients in separate container. Add to mixing vessel. Heat and mix to 225F, 80 brix.

Combine ingredients from section C in separate container. Add to mixing vessel. Blend for ~5 minutes. Cook to 79 brix. Begin depositing. Cool, de-mold, immediately coat in sugar.

Recommended sugar mix for 1 batch is 4,500g granulated sugar, 280g anhydrous citric acid. Cure for 3 - 5 days in 35% humidity.

Recommended gummy size 3.5 - 5.5 grams.
Recommended dosage, 10mg - 100mg.
Approximate batch size: 180,400 grams.

13 Likes

When do you mix A, B and C together?

B goes in after A has been heated and mixed…C goes in after A+B has been heated to 225ºF and reaches 80 brix.

It’s probably safe to infer that the heat and mix for A is only there to melt down the sugar and get everything lower viscosity to mix homogenously since no temperature or other specifications were given.

1 Like

@Zoraku

It’s probably safe to infer that the heat and mix for A is only there to melt down the sugar and get everything lower viscosity to mix homogenously since no temperature or other specifications were given.

Correct.

@Sidco_Cat

When do you mix A, B and C together?

First A then B. No need to wait between combining A and B. You can also combine both A and B at the same time or in reverse. Depends on your setup. C is the only section you should combine last.

1 Like

@TGOAT420 . Thanks for the recipe. Appreciate the free game. You are a great man for that. Where do I buy the danisco C130B-21

1 Like

@MaysChem is a great ingredients supplier!

1 Like