Laid Off from work today.... Sad news

Why are you writing here, instead of writing applications? You are 26 christ, software engineers are in super high demand, and age is no negative for you. Good luck

1 Like

Not once in my thread do I complain I’m just sharing my experience.

I understand I can be re employed relatively fast. But entitled to take 1 month off to just think about my life. It’s my privilege. I earned it. I’m equipped to do what I wanna do, I think what I want to think…

2 Likes

No need to rush, I feel so retired

1 Like

When the average person in the country is making less than 50k, shitting on a profession where people are easily making double and triple that seems out of touch, to say the least.

Maybe that’s what happens when normal people reach scumbag corporation status of wealth !

No hard feelings @RockSteady. [ edited out the incorrect allegations, apologies to all parties ]

3 Likes

You’re getting @RockSteady confused with @Graywolf

3 Likes

Never got an industry job as a chemist. Unemployment at the start of my doctoral in Analytical (my field) was like 4%. But then I graduated in ‘09 and the crash. New grads had an unemployment rate closer to 25% then. Even with a degree from a top tier university.

4 Likes

And remember AI learns from datasets, not hardware.

If AI learns to code it will be from human coded examples, and they will troll the internet for all available code.

Judging from their ‘natural language’ learning spewing word salad that sounds like a politician talking to moron I’m sure it will take some time before it’s perfected.

4 Likes

Oh dang well firstly thank you for clearing that up! @Graywolf I apologize Sir, but I do genuinely recommend you should use a repository

And @RockSteady I apologize to you as well.

I blame the forum for my high quality bud and resulting bad memory… :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanks for huggin my post yall love to do this.

2 Likes

you keep them going

That’s a bummer and life changes are always hard. With your qualifications, I’m not sure where you are in your career, but I posted this a while ago:

7 Likes