Online and Remote Work for Job Disruption and Extra Income

If you find yourself suddenly without work, injured/with limited mobility and need quick income while changing career directions within the cannabis industry, consider the following-

Short, medium or long-term jobs can be found on websites like Rat Race Rebellion, Upwork, FlexJobs, Working Nomads, Fiverr, CrowdChat, Indeed, LinkedIn, or Jooble. These would include:

• specialty farm, nutrient or genetic consulting
  • career/resume contracting
  • Wix/Wordpress developer/tester
  • writing content articles using ChatGPT articles
  • child or language online tutoring
  • inbound sales rep
  • website tester or hosting
  • travel product manager, AirBnB sales or coordinator
  • social media/e-mail marketing/coordinator
  • medical or closed caption transcription
  • virtual office assistants

If you’ve got a face for radio, but are good at multitasking and narration, consider streaming on apps like Youtube and Odysee (Twitch and voice over acting are VERY oversaturated). Make sure it is a niche interest that isn’t video games with a substantial userbase.

• Subscription income would also include Patreon, Buy Me A Coffee, Locals, and Subscribestar
  • Print On Demand merchandise would be fulfilled by TeeSpring, Shopify, MySpreadshop and Printify

Social media cross-promotion time for any of these new pursuits would also be used on Facebook, Twitter, Matrix, Minds, Zoom and Jitsi

If you are on the road and need reliable nationwide internet for online work:
Dual SIM 5G nationwide mobile high speed internet would be $1000 up front and $160/month with unlimited data with Verizon/Sprint as a provider

For further resources, please check out the following:

Resume
Cover Letter
Other Resources
Other Resources 2
Resources for Recently Unemployed Job Seekers

17 Likes

Crazy how it went from weed money to need money. Learn a trade. Go to work. I remember those days.

11 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I wish I would have gone into HVAC or electrical to break into the industry earlier.

Starlink internet also offers good and reliable mobile internet now, but I’m not sure of the speed for streaming video.

(I apologize if the title here sounded spammy or click-baitey, but I am genuinely trying to be helpful with this topic)

12 Likes

AgTonik is going really well and is my full-time day gig. I am just trying to make some extra money since the cannabis industry collapsed here.

I am editing my first Linux distro review video. I am thinking about contracting the editing on Fiverr, as it is a slow process growing your online information business.

I also got my first 1099 gig doing consulting for a hydroponic tomato farm. You can absolutely get work online behind a computer screen from the comfort of your home.

7 Likes

The hydro tomato gig came from LinkedIn. I did a targeted contact with them after searching for hydro/aquaponic operations and offering my services. A lot of times, if they don’t immediately require them, they may pass your information along to someone who does.

Virtual Office Assistants also requires a public facing resume in order to get hired, if you have any privacy concerns or your screen name is connected to your personal name.

What’s silly is that the tomato consulting just needed pH control with hard water, a bump in EC, and to get their humidity under control in their glass houses.

5 Likes

This hotspot is 750$, for one year of unrestricted WiFi, no throttling, they encourage encryption and privacy, they have calyx in their name, and the hotspot uses T-Mobile

There it is!

5 Likes

@HappyFeet420

I trust this to be a decent resource. Haven’t reviewed but have shaken hands and done business with @AgTonik

Means good business. Hope you land some good leads and back on your feet.

Honestly glad I retired before making cannabiz my focus. What a lesson and wild ride to go back to tech work and pull out of retirement after settlements/ending business. Back to making my own hash and being a happy consumer without an ego to sell.

Without trying Tech work pays 200% what most all jobs in cannabis pay… and is comparable to Lab Director / General Manager making six figures. :sunglasses: Demand is also substantial.

If you’re not making six figures, why are you not getting a better paying job and just enjoying cannabis as a hobby? All the hot names here don’t make more.

2 Likes

Do you use this?

If you just need a free VPN for open wifi or something - bitmask for Android works with both the calyx.net and riseup.net providers

2 Likes

Speaking in addition to VPNs for mobile.
DuckDuckGo has its own browser app with vpn / ad tracking technology that lets you know how your apps are trying to abuse your data for free.

Aids in letting you know wtf is really going down.

It’s a setting and not normally setup when installed. You have to turn it on.
OpenVPN is my desktop go-to

I don’t use the DuckDuckGo browser but appreciate it’s vpn with data tracking. Using it with my Brave browser with its own ad blocking tech. Shielded by DuckDuckGo. Been very free. Very effective.

2 Likes

I use Mifi products and have set them up for the DIY communities needing a little assistance. Highly recommended for Starlink users to have a solid backup. (No down time)

1 Like

@_joe The Calyx institute is a good organization. Their internet service is roughly what I would be able to put together for while supporting a good cause. Their phones are overprices for being pre-flashed compared to an unlocked phone with GrapheneOS.

1 Like

After reading into it, from what I can tell, the service provider, T-mobile, subjects customers to same throttling as all other data subscribers.

2 Likes

I’m ok with throttling with a good download manager as long as the data is unlimited. Mint Mobile and Straight Talk are still good anonymous prepaid providers for burners.

3 Likes

From what I understand, which isn’t much, is that they’re supposed to have a deal with T-Mobile to specifically NOT throttle. I could totally be wrong though

Use the transcribe feature in your word or docs program to do the work for you. A $200 laptop could easily do this and pay itself off in a few days, tops, if you really wanted it to.

2 Likes