Labeling machines

Iv shaken @shattertramp hand…

Im guessing 38+ … is old in his eye’s

2 Likes

The bottom one that will take flat boxes and feed the the candy wrapped vapes into th boxes and do all the box gluing or folding is awesome if it can do that.

Perfect world is a longer machine that’s candy bagging all the finished vapes that then feed into a conveyor belt at same speed and little arms push the candy wrapped vape into the box and the machine finishes my closing the top and somehow feeds and wraps each case and no human interaction required.

I’m sure it exists just not for our specific sized goods or specific steps ?

Let’s call it 600 an hour. 10 per minute.

And it can run 24/7 and has a big enough hopper to hold 12 hours of operation feed stock or something,

That means every 12 hours it needs to be reloaded with some sort of flat boxes (easy) reloaded with candy bags (easy) hardest part would be the holding hopper for filled and capped vapes.

But 12 hours thats 7200 finished (and master case and wrapped) units every 12 hours.

Just a question and design thought I’ve been kicking around for another project

Not rly for the cannabis industry but clearly the machines exist and just need to be tweaked.

Those things look cool as hell

1 Like

I just received this and it’s great. A little work to get different sizes set up but once it’s up you can blow through hundreds of bottles an hour.

My landlord has one and I have played with it. From my testing, it seems that model is really only useful if you are running an entire roll’s worth of labels (1k or so). Label set up is ~10min or so depending on how fast you are. If you have to take the label roll off and feed it back through all the rollers to swap out media, It would just be faster to use a desktop applicator as we can generally run through 20-30/min on the desktop model

1 Like

https://a.co/d/8ygwkXP

I’m trying to talk my bosses into something like this for our glass 8th jars. This is the cheapest I’ve found on Amazon or otherwise. It’s just a generic Chinese model that has been “branded” by multiple Amazon sellers. They’re all ~$3500 shipped.

What I’ve been able to find lately, about $3500 shipped.

How many jars of the same label do you run through in a single production run?

anyone have a recommendation on a decent lid labeler?

@MedicineManHempCo It depends on the size of the lot, anywhere from 64 to 1100.

@thesk8nmidget Jar lid/bottom labelers are harder to find. I have no experience with them, but I have found this:

Or this semi-auto version:

https://www.amazon.com/INTBUYING-Semi-Auto-Labeling-Applicator-Adjustable/dp/B08D3949RG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=9LNPC50ZPPK3&keywords=flat+bottle+auto+labeler&qid=1686148377&sprefix=flat+bottle+auto+labeler%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.2b70bf2b-6730-4ccf-ab97-eb60747b8daf

Though IMO the semi-auto seems counter-productive and we could hand label faster.

1 Like

I’ve had good experiences with CTM 360 series machines. Keeps up with high demand, and great manufacturer support.

1 Like

Okay so if you are consistently running high volume batches, the bigger machine with the conveyor would be sweet, but for smaller batches, or if some jars get missed, you’re not gonna wanna thread the label roll through all the rollers just to label 10jars. In that case, I highly recommend something like this:

It only takes a couple minutes to get it set up and ready to rock, and it only takes ~1s to label a bottle. For smaller jars, you’ll need to flip the bottle guides over so it can reliably hold them in place, but a motivated operator can cook with one of those labellers.

1 Like

would love the information on this… definitely seems like a must have for packaging.