Labeling machines

We just bought the mt-50 as well. Works great just needs adjusting every so often on the bottles.

2 Likes

@Siosis: You got anything to share with the class?

What haz you learned of labeling in the last three
years?

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Iā€™m hitting up the mfg on WhatsApp tonight. Out of curiosity, why did you guys choose the MT-50 instead of the XT-50? The XT has a higher throughput, but it looks like the price is the same?

Is this the MT-50 version you bought?

1 Like

I went to walmart for cheap manual labeler :+1:

I didnā€™t purchase our unit so I can speak to ā€œwhyā€.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the MT50 I have. Iā€™d buy it. Works pretty good all in all.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Regarding MT-50 vs. XT-50, the mfg (Bespacker) says they are the same machine and have the same parameters. He told me the MT-50 model name was updated to XT-50.

And to further my confusion, the specs for the MT-50 and XT-50 listed on the Alibaba webpages are both incorrect. :man_facepalming:

According to the mfg, these are the correct specs for the MT-50 and the now updated name (XT-50). He said they can offer 110V/60Hz version for the US.

@FicklePickle @Miles-Beyond does this look right to you?

968fdd46d91fda89c8bab579d0781851

1 Like

Thatā€™s a 50hz 220v system. Iā€™d assume you need a 60hz 120v system if here in the states.

2 Likes

Sending you a dm of our machine

1 Like

:beers:

1 Like

Sorry not on here very often. Basically what we found is that thereā€™s 3 groups of labelers and this goes for most ancillary machinery dealing with packaging.

$$$ - actual automation large scale labeler usually from China if your trying to get a deal on it.

$$ - machines that are operated by hand but are set up so that they are still like belt fed and can be prepped so that 1-2 guys can label a large amount of products maybe not 100% perfectly all the time but majority of the time they come out looking professional still.

But depending how many and how long you plan on doing this, labor cost etc could catch up to what the Chinese automation would have ended up costing you.

$ - then thereā€™s real by hand which is zero machine cost but 100% labor cost and ends up being a giant headache.

The less dollar signs the cheaper the initial investment in my little chart

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using this one to label some products. Itā€™s works ok but Iā€™d suggest the style with the long application pad rather than the hard plastic rollers. This one works ok with soft plastic bottles. But it is very fast and you can get a lot done in a short time frame.

This is the style Iā€™d suggest if someone wanted a good machine to label at a much higher rate. The foam applicator is way better for glass or hard bottles.

1 Like

How much does the bottom one sell for? I like the full automation. I like the machine we have but having to load and unload every jar will be out next bottle neck

If you search around you can find them from $2k and up. Maybe less though, I havenā€™t searched in awhile. You still have to load each bottle onto the belt, but with a collection tray like we have, itā€™s easier to collect and box up. Ours uses air pressure to hold the bottle in place while it spins the label on. So a small air compressor will be required for some models, so look carefully. The nice thing about a machine like this, it can be used as a stand alone machine, or put into an assembly line with other machines. Speeds they work at are adjustable, so you can get things timed correctly and not have bottlenecks in the final process.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not bad, the jar is already being handled by the guy weighing flower, then from there, directly onto the conveyor.

I dig it. Trying to eliminate all the unnecessary handling to streamline our process as much as possible

3 Likes

Does anyone have any updated from their endeavors? I am looking on purchase a machine to sticker various products from 30 mL tinctures to 750 mL wine bottles. As always I appreciate everyoneā€™s knowledge and wisdom.

I have two of these for bottles. Some cool old dude makes them. Offers a lifetime guarantee. Works well when you get it down not too many moving parts. Like $4-$500 yes i know the china ones are cheaper so not even going to bother with a link

3 Likes

How old is he?

3 Likes

I was thinking of a different company actually, good point though. This one is called the easy labeler i believe
Just feels better than the chinese equivalent from vevor even though itā€™s 3-4x the cost. I have both

1 Like