Lab Technicians

Greetings GLG,

Octave Labs is now hiring. Great attitude and experience required.

Were based out of Eugene metro area.

Wages will be based on your experience.

Expect Trial stage of 6 months of employment before final employment guarantee.

Minimum wage base during training period if any.

Must be clean, courteous and passionate about this industry.

If your talented yet, feel like you’re too good to clean then we are not the right company for you.

Must have knowledge on wiped film evaporators and isolation.

We will train with our SOP’s.

Must sign NDA and non compete agreement.

Please send resume to Andrew@octave-labs.com

5 Likes

Hello @Octave,

Would you mind answering some questions I have in regards to hiring new employees?

lol minimum wage pay if any during training period, experience required. Sounds like a great opportunity

24 Likes

Thanks for your input dennyb.

Are u an employer?

Yes I pay my employees well as they are valuable assets to my business. If I paid them dirt I would expect dirt in return.

18 Likes

Then i commend you on your success.

We are a start up company in the CBD sector.

We spend an enormous amount of time training folks that might not even make it officially into our roster, or find out they might not fit after the training period.

We are trying this format out for the first time after realizing this huge expense.

Having us train and educate you on proprietary remediation, isolation and conversion methods while we pay seems fair to me. But i do not claim to know everything.

Thanks again for your input.

1 Like

What is of such tremendous value that you are offering the potential employee that slave labor is warranted? The possibility of “having a job” and only making money on your watch?

Sorry - I fail to see the value in your business or to understand what value you see in the very people who will support your business from its own foundation.

15 Likes

I don’t understand why y’all are attacking this man.
If you don’t want to work there, don’t reply to his thread. Let them run their own business.

9 Likes

Well if you don’t like my opinion, don’t reply to my post.

See how dumb that sounds?

4 Likes

Except this is a classified ad not an opinion thread… pretty weird to just shit on someone’s classified ad in public. Not the first time I’ve seen this either.

6 Likes

It’s also a public forum and always subject to public opinions. I asked a legitimate question somewhere in there…

It’s also a pretty weird thing to ask someone to sign non-compete agreements while working for no pay during a trial period.

8 Likes

All input is great for debate. I encourage it. This forum is great for this reason. Thanks midfactory for your support.

Thanks for your input Hambread, this information or education might not be useful to you. But I guarantee you 90% of other labs do not offer the service’s we promote. Learning these things can take you anywhere in the cannabis industry. (After a 2 year non compete agreement).

2 Likes

I have to disagree that no pay is not the same as minimum wage.

Similar to short vocational training and getting paid for it.

im not blowing this mans thread up anymore, and I’m not internet arguing anymore.

Good luck everyone.

I’d recommend jumping on this opportunity if you’re interested in the industry. @Octave is the real deal

3 Likes

The possibility of being “anywhere in the cannabis industry” is a loose gaurantee for an employee you are providing with a very defined scope of work and non-compete agreement.

5 Likes

Does anyone even know of an employee specifically in the cannabis/hemp industry getting in legal trouble for going to work for competitor immediately after? I have never once seen action taken on it and I’ve been told more than once that they don’t hold up and are more just an intimidation tactic. This was specifically for legal cannabis however, not hemp.

4 Likes

Some states don’t even recognize non-compete agreements but usually there are ways to cover some competitive issues with a well-defined NDA. Most people would rather drop the issue than spend time, money, and effort trying to mediate the issue.

3 Likes

I knew several people in Denver that were in direct violation of non-competes, no trouble as of yet.

5 Likes

You can work for whoever, noone can prevent you from makinng an income. I typically reserved non-competes to be used to wipe my arse. Most courts aren’t going to support them because the judge knows wage earner needs to make a living too.

4 Likes

I can’t fathom why anybody would stay working for a company like this if you’re strung along for six months on some dubious promise that you may make it to the final roster. Sounds like a churn and burn to me. It almost sounds like you’re expecting the turnover to be high if you’re presenting an argument that if somebody works with you for two years they can write your own ticket in the cannabis industry. Why not just create a training academy because that’s essentially what you have?

Training is a necessary part of any job. It’s the cost of doing business.

:carrot: :rabbit2:

15 Likes