Kratom extraction

I have extracted kratom and the procedure is as follows. The kratom leaves once dried below 10% moisture is pelletized and extracted with acetone and then hexane purification- oil part removed in this step- dry and powder.(10:1 extract)
To get 30:1 extract, after hexane washing, the residue needs to be washed in acetic acid and then brought to 11 pH with alkali like potassium hydroxide and then it is LLE’d with Ethyl acetate.

9 Likes

Badass good info. Was the extract a crystalline or what?

Powder. This process needs a lot of volume though. I cant specifically mention the ratio of acetone, hexane and acetic acid as i am under an NDA

1 Like

Do you extract Kratom for third parties too? At your convenience, please let me know. You can reach me at 727-543-3419. Thanks!

Hey I can extract it for you. Can you DM me?

I need an experienced tolling company that extract alkaloids from kratom.

3 Likes

Anybody who wants to experiment on kratom extraction I’ll provide the kratom at cost. Hit me up.
$30/kg and $15 USPS Priority Shipping. I’m looking for somebody to start a large scale extraction process for me and I’ve been striking out everywhere.

5 Likes

I’ve got 5 kg I need extracted.

Mitrigine co2 extracted yields are horrible thou

4 Likes

I know. What can we do about that? Are you running into an issue with the byproduct turning hard as cement during extraction? That’s what we’re having happen.

We did several runs and as usual CO2 is cumbersome and tedious
Lyse base acid is still my favorite
The valeu of crysteline mitrigine is not worth the effort

2 Likes

The white jade is insane. Think this is like $60k/kg if anyone needs :smiley:

1 Like

Why do you say that? I think crystalline mitragynine is very valuable and the process to obtain it is straightforward. However these crystalline alkaloids are very potent and dosing requires great caution.

I’m more into the idea of crude black goo extract that is flavored with poppy-esque terps and used like opium :grinning:

3 Likes

The mitrigine and 7 hydroxy are great products
But the yield by co2 is so low that the effort to get them is not compared to it s sales valeu

2 Likes

Correct. The YIELD does not make it worthwhile in CO2 extraction. The product itself when extracted properly is extremely valuable. 1kg of 85% (most potent with current methods) costs $20,000.
The extraction process to create higher yields is quite different from CO2 extraction. I know the bare bones of it but I’m not experienced enough to know where to even start to try to build the machinery to make it work.

3 Likes

CO2 is an absurd method for extracting kratom lol.

I like the idea of a toluene extraction and winterizing in methanol and filtering through alumina.

I have only done a methanol extraction previously which was rather effective, but I read a post about someone using toluene and I think that should have the greatest selectivity for extracting mitraginyne and related compounds.

3 Likes

Yes touleen is good at extracting but hard to purge

3 Likes

Or you could just winterize with a membrane

The MW between the fats and mitragynine is great enough you can seperate them with membranes. This would also strip out color

Here’s an example

You could do this in toluene or methanol

3 Likes

This is not the solvent the big guys use. I’m not saying it won’t work, I’m just saying the proven method does not use toluene or methanol.

2 Likes

I used 95% ethanol, strained, winterized. I put it in direct sunlight for a few days for UV exposure and rotovapped.

Woo doggy. Thick red oil that’s definitely dabbale with a spicy finish. It will put some hair on your chest.

6 Likes