Kratom CO2 Supercritical Extraction Possible

Im looking at trying to extract some Kratom powder through a CO2 supercritical extraction machine. Having a lot of trouble tracking down any information at all. Is this even possible? TIA

3 Likes

I did a quick google search and found a paper dealing with supercritical co2 extraction of a variety of herbal leaves including kratom. Low yields but definitely possible.

Use your google-fu young grasshopper.

10 Likes

Thank You, I have found something similar but my machine isn’t capable of the higher end parameters but I’m getting ready to give it a shot by matching those solvent densities with lower parameters. Need to do a little digging and find a micron bag for my solvent chambers.

Wouldn’t an a/b extraction be most efficient and best for this…its an alkaloid right

4 Likes

You are correct but I’m wanting to give it a go.

2 Likes

Treating it with base first may increase effectiveness.

5 Likes

Butane is probs better imo

3 Likes

STB is my recommended method, especially in a CLS where you are able to use pressure assisted filtration. Its a fine powder (usually) and can be a pain in the ass to work with otherwise. A “defatting” pass prior to base soak may help extract some of the non alkaloidal triterpenoid type bioactives beyond MTG. Ive been trying to find the time to bioassay these different fractions for potentially reformulation since straight alkaloidal crude or MTG isolate dont give me the effect I get from the leaf (green malay, for energy and pain)

2 Likes

Love the Kratom talk here. I’m a Copacker and extract Raw Alks into a cap and Tincture in a non-ethanol or CO2 method using no solvent and all organic materials, if you could use that?

5 Likes

Hi Dutch - Somebody I’m working with has about 40 kilos of Kratom to extract. Please let me know if that’s something you do. You can reach me at 727-543-3419. Thanks!

2 Likes

I need an experienced tolling company that extract alkaloids from kratom thank you

2 Likes

Hey, Ssierla! Sorry, but I just found this message.
Please, gimme a shout at 503-545-1122

I would like to chat and see if we can help one another.
Gimme a shout, k?
503-545-1122

Hi,

I’m interested to see what you have to offer.

s

I’m looking to extract some kava. Would you be interested in running some for me?

I have Kavalactones at 40 & 70 % extract.

1 Like

cool. What’s the price and MOQ? You do wholesale?

1 Like

Yes, I’m a Kratom Co-packer in the Pacific NW.
Not on here a lot, but if you wanna reach out about some pricing, hit me at 503-545-1122, k?

3 Likes

@Dutch if you don’t mind me asking. Do you co-pack for anyone or are you a member of the American Kratom Association? Is your facility up to their standards.

I copack for a large number of Private Label Clients, Mainly mid to Large size Distros that would have booths at places like Champs ASD & TPE.