Kill Future4200 ads: uBlock Origin plugin

Do you want this?

Then, do this:

1. Install plugin (don’t use Chrome if you care about privacy)
  2. Configure plugin (see below)
  3. Visit Future4200.com
  4. Configure settings for Future4200.com (see below)

The plugin is VERY powerful and is the only plugin I use with Firefox in secure configuration. This plugin can take care of most online tracking, ads, bandwidth loss, and many other features. It’s the only ad blocker you should use or need. It’s also the only plugin in the new Mullvad Browser (a fork of the TorBrowser by the Tor Project for Mullvad VPN but any VPN can be used).

If you’re new to uBlock Origin (uBO) it will be daunting at first due to the complexity of the plugin. There are a few good guides and YouTube videos, including:

Configure your uBO as so to remove ads from this site:

Some config settings in my uBO; I recommend these:

Additional filterlists and blocklists you can add to uBO:

Be choosy with your blocklists because some are redundant and too many will slow your experience.

8 Likes

Damn…thanks for this!

3 Likes

You could just use Brave browser and blocking is built in… Also for mobile…

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Consider it an infinitesimal payback to you for your amazing willingness to share your rosin skills, teks, and knowledge. :beers:

2 Likes

Bet! Fair trade :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Not the same, at all. Brave doesn’t come close to the level of control and blocking you get with uBO.

Most viewers I would wager are mobile. Most nonrooted. Most non Android. Here’s a mobile solution… Brave browser…

This along with Duck duck gos browser apps vpn/ constant tracking prevention allows for a great experience.

1 Like

If you’re talking about mobile, you can install uBO in FF. uBO works perfectly on a mobile and you get the benefit of using FF instead of Brave.

FF w/uBO < Brave any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I’m sure you’re aware why FF is better than Brave. And if someone wants to avoid using uBO, FF Focus would be my suggestion vs. Brave.

1 Like

I was just adding variety, most people don’t have mobile browsers with plugins. Let alone another browser. More the merrier.

1 Like

If you’re using a VPN on a computer, for the love of god, use the brand new Mullvad Browser (unless you’re using a hardened FF with Arkenfox, uBO, a good VPN like Mullvad).

Nah, there’s a specific feature similar to a VPN in duckduckgos browser that adds tracking details about apps trying to track you. Aids similar to a VPN in the process

So you know what apps have hidden third party trackers.

@sidco got me on openvpn after suggested

Sorry, but that’s not the case. A VPN tries to offer pseudonymity by obfuscating your IP. Some VPNs also offer DNS filtering (ad blocking), tracker blocking, etc., but those aren’t what makes a VPN a VPN.

And the Duckduckgo browser is even worse than Brave. Plus, Duckduckgo lets Bing track users. They get paid.

VPN = virtual private network (not ad or tracker blocker)

If you’re happy with what you’re doing that’s great. But just know there are levels above where you are.

1 Like

See my screenshot so you can get on the same page. I wasn’t trying to get you so stuck on VPN persay

I’d love to see something providing similar details so conveniently.

1 Like

Don’t use OpenVPN (@sidco). Use WireGuard! Do you have quantum computing resistant tunnels? Does your VPN allow three hop chains (like Tor)?

OpenVPN is old news and don’t stand up to WireGuard.

If you want to fall in love with me, please try Mullvad VPN. You won’t go back. There is no better or even equal (more secure and privacy focused) VPN than Mullvad.

Why do you want such a report? I always disable those reports and logs because they use system resources without providing benefit. Why does it matter how many ads are blocked as long as they’re blocked?

Helps me know what apps aren’t worth having installed. I like learning which companies sell your data.

2 Likes

is WireGuard sidco approved though?

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I mean if the only goal is blocking ads, @moveweight suggestion is easier.

No reason to shit on every option that isn’t one you decided is the best ralphie.

2 Likes