Kankun glass reactors?

I’m looking into using jacketed glass reactors for decarbing my oil, so that I can mix under heated and vacuum conditions. But found that companies like Chemglass, etc are charging over $10k for what I need. I found this company Kankun who sells glass reactors (among other things), clearly from China, at literally 1/10 the price. Vacuum implosions are dangerous if not deadly, so I want to know if anyone has ever had any experience with this company - Kankun - and if I should stay away, or dive in. The price is right but I don’t want to look like scarface for the rest of my life.

Here’s their website, for reference:
http://www.shanghaikankun.com/

Thatd be enough to keep me away from large glass chinese vessels. Especially under vac and heated

Looks exactly like the one we have… not sure whi made ours

I’ve had great experiences with a couple Chinese manufacturers. I’ve weighed their 20L boiling flasks and in comparison to Rocco’s glass (Summit’s glassblower) they are heavier and have never broken one. I broke several of Summit’s under same conditions. Just my experience and the heat and vacuum of distillation far surpasses what you do in a reactor.

2 Likes

I know where there’s a few hi pressure (100psi) rated SS vessels pretty cheap; 2-3 of them 40-100gal

Anyone interested in large SS pressure rated reaction vessels - PM me

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Lanphan is garbage. Dont buy anything from terry or lisa.

2 Likes

@SteveLabman touche these are the best option obviously and I would recommend going stainless over glass any day.

@LisaDong666 hey homegirl please for all our sakes tell Terry he’s not cut out for dealing with this crowd.

Oh and @LisaDong666…take the “666” off the end of your name…unless you are into that sort of stuff…on this side of the pond that’s the mark of the DEVIL.

One thing I will say is unless your lab equipment is made in Germany or India or a few other places then it’s Chinese…even if you buy it in USA. If you remove the covers on any of these Best Value Vacs, Across International, Summit Research (maybe not with Summit’s new mantles. I haven’t taken one apart yet)
etc. you will see the exact same Chinese components in ALL of them. I have been through dozens of labs and repaired a plethora of devices for them. They are all the same on the inside.

But glass is not an electronic I realize. But as I’ve stated before some Chinese glass outperforms its American counterparts. China has been in the ceramics and glass since the beginning of time. Problem is there are 100s of copycats for every 1 quality manufacturer. Sifting through them is complete madness. Which is why buying “American” rebranded offers a little more piece of mind as they’ve done quality control for you and offer domestic warranties.

When it comes to decarboxilating there are other methods that involve minimal heat and can remove lighter Terpenes and volatiles without the use of deep vacuum either. But that’s another conversation entirely.

1 Like

Y’all get what you pay for and if you are technically inclined enough to use a screwdriver it’s a simple fix.

I understand the frustration but for the baller on a budget their shit has always worked for me. And they send me replacement parts for free. Immediately. Just gotta be civil with the reps.

Edit: except Terry. There’s something broken in that man’s brain. Can’t get right. Dont waste time trying to reason with him.

2 Likes

That bitch told me she hope my family dies from the wuflu. Fuck her. 666 is fitting these people are evil

1 Like

No fucking way that is straight fucked. Sorry to hear that man. She’s been hella nice to me for years. What did you do to provoke her? Not like anything would justify that response…jus curious

Edit: on second thought just DM me @Slabby. I dont want to detail this thread anymore than already have.

@OP go with SS if you are worried about ruptures. If you need to see what’s happening because you are LLE/washing and not using high pressure just get a glass one from USALab or SciSol

1 Like

Wow this went off the rails a little but I guess my question was a bit loaded.

I’m not going near lanphan, I’ve gone down the rabbit hole on F4200 reading about their customer experiences so no thanks.

I guess maybe a broader question then: is it even worth it to decarb in a reactor? We need high throughput and want to limit heat at that step. Probably decarbing batches of 2kg-10kg THC at a time.

1 Like

I think terry and you have puts a major damper on selling anything but toilet paper on this forum.

3 Likes

Thanks for the spam emails @Terry_Manager
Your company emails now belong to the spam folder.

2 Likes

The thickness of the glass is not the only thing that contributes to integrity under vacuum. Although, it sounds like from your experience the glassware was adequate.

I have seen US and China glass implode, and plenty that hasn’t. The only glass I’ve owned so far that’s never imploded is German. German glass however, is often the most expensive.

@CO2Terps if you’re terribly concerned with explosions, regardless of what company/country you purchase from then combat that with PPE. Only work around the reactor with a full face shield, chemical apron, and adequate heat resistant gloves and its unlikely you’ll get severely injured if the reactor implodes, just very frustrated with all the material on the ground.

Like it was suggested above, I’d reccomend you look at stainless steel vessels. They’re a lot more affordable 2nd hand than most people think and widely available on ebay/biotech auction sites. If you live near New England SSLLC in RI has a 150,000sqft warehouse loaded with all kinds of goodies and usually they have a lot of SS mixing and reaction vessels, they’re usually cool with you just going over there and poking through the warehouse (not sure how they feel right now) and they have a large amount of their inventory on their website (auctions and for sale)

1 Like