July MoM is @Akoyeh!

I’ll give very detailed feedback. In my previous life, i worked on flavor panels. I know all the vocabulary lol.

6 Likes

Next time you’re in town, I got you!

4 Likes

@Akoyeh gets my vote for his helpful suggestions on cleaning my pesticide contaminated glassware. Also I love hot sauce.

8 Likes

@Akoyeh gets my vote to.

I know we don’t always see eye to eye, but I still think, he is an A+ standup guy. AND routinely contributes good info to the community.

8 Likes

All of a sudden you could hear the crowd getting louder, chanting @Akoyeh’s name in the background.

5 Likes

“Official” win or not, I have already won! Y’all are awesome! Been a rough week, and this warms my frozen, black heart! :black_heart::skull::black_heart:

12 Likes

Been saying it’s @Akoyeh for last few months.
Thanks man. You are an asset to this forum.

4 Likes

@TheGratefulPhil for always lending a helping hand while I’ve been out here in OKC. Thanks again bro.

9 Likes

That’ll put him up for next month’s MoM award. Make sure to scroll up and vote for this month’s nominees!

3 Likes

I vote @Akoyeh for being a very professional and competent member of this forum.

With so many talkers on here faking the funk and stroking their own egos it’s refreshing to meet a guy that does more than he promises and handles the task at hand like a qualified individual.

Also his hot sauce is so good it will make you want to slap your momma

8 Likes

I don’t think I stand a chance against some of the other names here but I am honored to be a part of this list, thanks everyone.

7 Likes

You’ve got a great shot! Probably as good as any of us nominees! I’d vote for us all if I could.

5 Likes

Sunday morning bump!

6 Likes

Tuesday Morning Bump! Good morning my fellows!

2 Likes

Friday Bumpsky

4 Likes

If I could bestow one piece of advice that I wish I could force upon my younger self, because I know I wouldn’t take it; you will never achieve perfection as you see it, you’re the vision and the vision is beautiful and hard to live up to. In the search of perfection you will miss innumerable opportunities, revenue and otherwise. The people here will likely out buy your supply, however imperfect you feel it is today.

You grow these peppers yourself right (or at least for the most part)? Maybe this could satisfy your brain as it does mine.

Accept that it will never be perfect, and consistent. You won’t be the franks red hot of hot sauces with your perfect recipe. How could you, you grow your own peppers!

But here’s the thing, you grow your own peppers, and then you bottled that shit. That’s damn cool!

That makes you a small batch producer pumping out perfect batch after perfect batch. Every one of them different, season by season, almost like a vintage. They are delicious, and perfect as they are and we’d be happy to have them!

Once your first batch sells out, and it will, you set up pre-orders for your next batch. People sign up on a waiting list. People will be waiting to taste your next attempt at perfection.

You have a dream for what the perfect formulation of your hot sauce might be, and what it might be like to experience it after you’ve tasted it for the first time. How many variations on the recipe are between here and there?

Thats a journey, a journey which so many will be happy to follow you on, and one that, with even a small following, could make you a decent living and you could be making that money, today.

The only hold up is your reluctance to share something less than perfect to you, but here’s the thing and its a super important one: you’re not buying your hot sauce.

Let us be part of the journey, we’ll even pay for it you to take it!

My two cents.

13 Likes

Bravo!

2 Likes

That’s phenomenal advice! Thank you for sharing it. I sincerely appreciate it, as well as your encouragement/ support!

Perfectly imperfect is something I try to encourage myself to feel more as I get older. Havig been something of a perfectionist my whole life, it’s a hard habit to break. The fact that no one has encouraged me to change any of my recipes should be sign enough that I’m ready for the next step.

As for growing the peppers for my sauces myself, I both do and don’t. I have been developing recipes with store-bought varieties that are always available (jalapeño, serrano, Anaheim, poblano, and habanero for the fresh ones plus chile de arbol, chile japones, new mexico, guajillo, pasilla, and a few other dried varieties).

If I want to sell sauces and other spicy food items all year round, I need to not be completely reliant ion what I grow. This year I only have about a quarter acre of peppers, and that’s not enough to keep me going all year. Fastest way to lose clients is to run out of product, so my intention is to have a line of “always available” products and a line of small batch, limited edition sauces made with blends of specialty peppers (including a line of heatless hot sauces). I have 110 varieties of chile I’m growing, most of which many have never heard of.

I’ll get something together in the next few weeks and do a giveaway as a final round of testing from people who don’t see me every few days and are more likely to give me constructive feedback. There are certainly some members here that have already been designated for care packages!

Thanks again @tokesandtinkery! Great motivational speech! Stoked the fire. Now to make some more so I have enough to give out!

10 Likes

I would totally sign up for a subscription type deal for your hot sauces. Do a beta version with members from here so we can then post raving reviews all over the interwebs in mass…

Please let us know when you have a website or how ever you’re at to do it set up! I want in the hot sauce crew.

Tbh, I bet if you release small beta batches for sale here you would sell out everytime…

You are busting ass on this, don’t give your hard work out for free.

11 Likes

So glad good food is part of this forum. Haha. Just wait till I start extracting these peppers, too!

12 Likes