Job Listings Thread 👨‍🔬

is it tipped? BINGO I think th local slot joints are an easy job, its bartender- tips, plus slot attendant - tips and its like 14 an hour base pay. and Its sitting and posting on th forum all day. plus ill give away cbd to older people and offer weed. old slot customers overpay for store weed. i have thousands and thousand of hours experience at poker and dont mind the people at slots.

thats an interesting job. Im not as loud as I seem unless im rambling. 35 an hour working in a bar calling numbers- i could do that. https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=bingo&l=Schaumburg%2C%20IL&vjk=b707b7b7eb8273dc They want you to drive back and forth delivering equipment, that better be paid hours too. alot of places expect you to drive alot uncompensated. Im a driver so I need to get paid for that. its like casually asking a painter to paint the house for free when he happens to be moving furniture. im guessing they will pay 70 for the 2 hour shift which is actually like 4 hours and gas and wear and tear. Proper limo driver still get paid and Im an EXCELLENT driver. i need to work for a rapper and grow his weed and drive him.

this fucking dog- i stayed up too late and then she was gonna puke so i open the door. chase her for an hour and then she ran through a backyard and i called 911 on myself. I cant drive and search and i cant see shit at night. shes like a ninja.

03/25/22 Update Highlights:

• “4Front Ventures” is looking for a Extraction Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA.
  • New listings looking for Extraction Technicians in Kentuky, Utah and Virginia.
  • (3) new listings looking for Extraction Technicians in Washington.
  • “RockBridge” is looking for a Lab Director in Mississippi @ $90k - $120k /yr.
2 Likes

Probably not the right fit for most browsing, but Vape-Jet is hiring again. I need a good administrative assistant. Shipping, receiving, customer support, scheduling, office admin, business operations. Very good fit for someone looking for a foot-hold in the industry without prior experience.

https://www.indeed.com/job/administrative-assistantreceptionist-82067d473aa20f97

6 Likes

when people work as extract technician how many runs do they do a day? Obv it depends but i have to break mine down and dont use socks.

On 2 ETS in a single booth with 6 working columns I was expected to complete 16 to 22 coulmns a day with pour off and metrics. 8 hour days. Columns come prepacked and tagged for me.

2 Likes

did that machine have a pour spout or you break it all down and clean each run?

1 Like

If you had to run just ONE of those machines, handle oven management (purging, splitting, postproc. Etc.), Packing and unpacking socks, changing out CRC, cleaning glassware and maintaining cleanliness of lab, ALL ALONE, how many runs do you realistically think you can do?

Edit; forgot to include maintaining data for traceability as well, and whatever other nuances come with doing the process from beginning to end ALONE. Just curious!

Edit 2; also is it 6 columns each machina or 6 columns total?

2 Likes

No, had to break a gasketed c clamp

@terplord420 even in the days of the trap we had assistants its dangerous work do high throughput work alone. I’d say with a single unit I’d be able to do 12 to 14 runs of live fresh fro with an assistant and half of that without, with metrics included. 3 Columns per machine, quite a few backups, enough to pack and freeze a days worth in chest freezers at the days end.

And also oven management at scale is a job in its own. I’d stay with the half estimate if I had to do oven work as well.

4 Likes

Hahaha don’t worry, I know how it is to do it all alone in a legal setup :yum: I was mostly asking because I currently run 2 tubes on a modified OSS system and I’ve been doing it alone for almost two years at my current position, was mostly curious how realistic one views their own work. (Been doing extraction for almost 6 years legally now.)

I agree with you 100% though, to get the job done efficiently and safely you do need more than one person. That’s why I don’t over exert myself and only do what I can in any given day, I still produce more than the sales team can push out anyhow!

Edit; and sales ha seen picking up recently so I may get an assistant soon!!

Genuinely appreciate your feedback @NewLevelProcess , if anyone else saw Thumpers q and my q please feel free to answer with your own specs.

1 Like

Always use the buddy system when in the lab for safety and 2 ppl can do 3x the work of 1 person

A good recovery setup can shoot every 30-40mins & if your socks are prepped and your tane is ready you can usually stay consistent thru the day, we run 22-25 fresh frozen shots in two 8hr shifts of 2 people each day 8am-midnight

5 Likes

Sounds about right. Currently I can do about 6 runs per day (12 tubes), assuming I prepped my socks for the week already. Though the way I do it is I have a day for prep, a few days I extract, and a day I resupply and deep clean. So realistically I’m doing like 12 to 18 runs a week at max capacity for a single person. (That doesn’t even include prepping and distilling crude to distillate :joy: but does incl oven management and traceability)

Edit; oh and FUCK me, with the new fast crashing solvent we’re all getting I’ve been like triple refining my LPG everytime I have to distill gas. (Distilled thru carbon as vapor and then ran thru carbon as liquid.) Ends up taking a whole day but I know my solvent is clean. (Zeolite sieve too of course. That’s a given) (N-BUTANE)

Edit 2; hope this didn’t come off as bragging. I feel a bit better about the position I’m in from the general mindset, at least I know I’m not really just complaining when I get a bit frustrated about it!

1 Like

Do you consider 1 material column a run? Or does all 3 material columns equal 1 run?

I gotta start washing my tane through carbon like you said when you distill it.

1 Like

It’s been working well for me so far! Adds a bit of time to the process but it’s worth it.

1 Like

I mean that would depend on How many columns there are

my issue when running is lack of organization. its a lame comparo but I compare a hash run to crashing my rc heli at an rc heli competition. you have to take it all apart and redo it asap with zero mistakes. When i do hash oil im always fucking up losing a wrench or a clamp- its alcoholism catching up with me, I also expect to get it done too fast I think and then its a mess. I added up all the parts yesterday and then on assembly of the chilled system couldnt find a 4 inch clamp??? I got it done borrowing bolts but wtf where did that clamp go?? I prolly shouldnt highlight my fuckups on an employment thread but id never drink before or during a job. Its easy in my house though. id accept an employee willing to learn from mistakes any day. but i wouldnt hire a drunk either- id hire stoners though/ I also dont drink openly at the rc heli competition or they would not be happy that I fly better than them and im drunk.

If anyone needs a booth worker at chicago cannifest interview me. Im not as wild as I seem and i can rep your products. I can help with lots of other stuff too like finding trucks/ housing or moving things.

my system has a 12x12 collection but thats only good for approx one reg tank. so to do a tall 4 inch column 10x wash means doing it twice. Surpisingly last run looks to have cleaned it with one tank. lustermax says 10-1 so ill redo with another batch on same crc the last one was too clean and has that champagne color where id prefer yellow. previous runs have had lots of trichs and id rerun for gummies and get good yield but this time I just threw it away not many if any trich head under scope. It may be that butane works better?

This job thing= I need to get out my house and stop being a hermit grower even if jobs dont pay shit. Im still investing in mmy garden while its about to end- NEVER its funy but basically upon moving in here I had lost all my sales outletsdue to them doing stuff like having kids and jobs, and have scraped by happily for 10 years. it used to be nice to have supplemental poker money so i had a tiny tent- now I can grow more but it seems writing is on the wall and I can - CONSULT or get a job