Jar seeding amount?

Has anyone played around with the amount diamonds used when seeding a jar and have found any Benifits to using more vs less and does that correspond to growth speed/size ect…? I have a batch of roughly 40grams of bho jarred up, I seeded it with 4 monster seeds, roughly .15 grams each. Had to much tane, they dissolved in 2 hours. I added the same amount and about 4 hours later they dissolved. Repeated process 1 more time after burping repeatedly and they stayed whole. It’s Ben 24 hours and the whole jar is starting to glitter up like mad, and even the sides are becoming whitish similar to the buildup from cold crashing. Just seems like the extra gram of dissolved seeds made it so supersaturated it’s now taking off faster than ever before.

2 Likes

Sounds like the solution needed less solvent or more thca. The seeds dont need to be huge, their presence even on a small level encourages the existing thc in the solution to coalesce around said crystals. Technically you can grow the seeds and then use those bigger crystals for each new batch making bigger rocks each batch… just have to have the solution dialed to the correct saturation levels

3 Likes

So your answer to those questions is no? I’m kinda looking for more direct answers. I know there was to much tane to start thus leading to them melting, the questions were if anyone knows if it’s benificial to melt a Lil extra to add to even more supersaturation to make the process faster. From my personal experience, seeds size does correspond to the over size. I seed with sugar sized diamonds, I get sugar size in return, I’ve Ben seeding lately with bigger and in return have seen bigger stones form, in overall

3 Likes

Sorry guess I didnt understand the actual question. Yes. When I want to grow big ones I do it slow always starting with seeding. The more the merrier. Any time you can get the thca levels higher that’s a good thing. So from adding them via seeding or just starting with high quality FF inputs, more thca is better. Once the seeds stop dissolving you know you have approached or achieved a more ideal saturation level. The tricky part is accounting for the solvent evap occurring while the jar is opened to add more seeds. But overall yes I think you’re idea is correct! And a reall good way to get to that ideal range a bit faster and hopefully speed up the entire process. Let us know how this sop works going forward. Seems like a good tek

1 Like

Yes. The answer is no. They won’t dissolve if you’re supersaturated.

Edit: armchair quarterbacking on this one…haven’t been near hydrocarbons in a while.

3 Likes

The question wasnt about the dissolving of the seeds, it was just a happy mistake that is seeming to lead to way faster growth. Your saying it isn’t benificial to use more seeds vs less, and no to seed size effecting overall growth of the rest of the jar?

I think the question has multiple answers due to strains terp content and thca content. A strain high in terp w thca should take longer to form bc the terps

Also yea sugar seeds usually make sugar, bigger facets at the right saturation level wont melt and will cause a repeat growth structure I’ve noticed.

2 Likes

I poured off some sauce from batch of diamonds. Then used whole diamond puck and poured 2 fresh batches on. Diamond puck doubled in a week. When using less seeds it takes longer

5 Likes